The Golden Joystick Awards 2021 is officially done and dusted, with Resident Evil Village, the latest entry in Capcom’s claret-splattering franchise, picking up the gong for Ultimate Game of the Year.
If that wasn’t enough, Capcom’s spooky sequel also picked up the award for Best PlayStation Game, while Capcom took home Studio of the Year. All in all, a fantastic night for Resident Evil and Capcom alike, especially as this is the series’ 25th anniversary.
Meanwhile, the thoroughly brilliant Death’s Door won Best Indie Game, while Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart picked up the gong for Best Visual Design.
Check out the full list of winners in their respective categories below. In case you forgot, PS5 walked away with Best Gaming Hardware!
- Best Storytelling — Life is Strange: True Colors
- Best Multiplayer Game — It Takes Two
- Best Audio — Resident Evil: Village
- Best Visual Design — Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Game Expansion — Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island Expansion
- Mobile Game of the Year — League of Legends: Wild Rift
- Best Gaming Hardware — PS5
- Best Indie Game — Death’s Door
- Studio of the Year — Capcom
- Best Performer — Maggie Robertson (Resident Evil Village’s Lady Dimitrescu)
- Breakthrough Award — Housemarque
- Best Game Community — Final Fantasy 14
- Still Playing Award — Final Fantasy 14
- PC Game of the Year — Hitman 3
- Nintendo Game of the Year — Metroid Dread
- Xbox Game of the Year — Psychonauts 2
- PlayStation Game of the Year — Resident Evil Village
- Most Wanted Game — Elden Ring
- Critics Choice Award — Deathloop
- Ultimate Game of the Year — Resident Evil Village
- Ultimate Hardware of All Time — PC
- Ultimate Game of All Time — Dark Souls
[Source – GamesRadar]