Ratchet & Clank Future Hands On: The Weapons
- Posted August 17th, 2007 at 18:26 EDT by
- 19 Comments
While attending a Sony Event for press last week in California, PSU.com was able to get new details and hands on with Insomniac's upcoming PlayStation 3 adventure, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
Once inside the Insomniac studio the press were divided into groups each starting in a separate room where a developer or producer would go over certain aspects of the game.
- Insomniac confirmed there would be a total of 23 weapons and 8-9 gadgets.
- Merchants in every level to purchase weapons, ammo, and gadgets.
- Every weapon has an upgrade development tree to increase aspects of the weapons. You can use the items you collect to purchase upgrades. Every weapon has a secret upgrade.
The following weapons were either demoed or playable...
- Predator Rockets: multi-lock aim missiles
- Death Springs: deadly grenade that bursts pink slinkies that destroy everything in there path...good way to clear enemy infested areas.
- Negotiator: Splash attack weapon
- Plasma Beasts: green goo that homes monsters to kill unsuspecting enemies...basically a trapping weapon.
- Alpha Disrupter: most powerful weapon that requires charging
- Geolazer: uses sixaxis to cut away ice or walls
- Combuster: average gun
- Buzz Blades: shoots multiple spinning saw blades
- Visocopter: helicopter that uses the sixaxis to move. Shoots and self destroys.
- Transmorpher: turns enemies into penguins
- Groovitron: Disco ball that disables enemies and turns them into 70's disco dancers. -Best Weapon in game!
- Mr. Zurkon: summoned robot you follows Ratchet and shoots enemies.
- James the Galatic Defender: Alternate summon to Mr. Zurkon.
- Robo-Wings: Metallalic wings that allow Ratchet to fly around the level.
Check back soon for our the next part in this Hands On series.
- 1:28pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
I Hope the Rhyno makes a re-apperance.
- 1:32pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
Cu-mbuster? Anyone else notice anything dirty here?
- 1:45pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
No, pretty much all of the dirty weird.........(R&C) Be waitin' for it, Fo sure.
- 1:56pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
LMAO...... "Cu,mbuster: average gun" <----priceless.
- 2:34pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
ha that is hilarious cu.mbuster
- 3:56pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
might as well call it "nutbuster"
- 4:32pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
man I cant wait for this game to come out I love these games
- 5:39pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
- 6:12pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
rhyno and Zodiac FTW!!!11
- 6:54pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
lmao!!!! C.umbuster?!?!? Lmao!
- 7:04pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
- 8:06pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
cu-mbuster? nothing new. i mean remember Up your Ars-enal? what does going commando mean? and what's Size really matters anyway?;)
- 9:00pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
nice pic justin u should get a recent pic and yea nice post alot better on this than ur notes
- 10:56pm EDT - August 17th, 2007
This game is at the top of my most wanted list (followed closely by GTA IV).
- 6:06am EDT - August 18th, 2007
hey guys stop wit ur anal-olrgies, it's giving me da creeps, lol, n e wayz, dis game seems pretty fun, is 23 weapons a lot?
- 6:47am EDT - August 18th, 2007
yes 23 weapons is plenty u probably wont end up using all of them and they probably will have the rhino all there other games had it so this one should but i doubt the zodiac will be in it
- 8:07am EDT - August 18th, 2007
- 5:47pm EDT - August 18th, 2007
ratched is awsome ill rent it at most thoo probly =]
- 10:54am EDT - August 20th, 2007
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!