Ratchet & Clank Future Hands On: Characters & Levels
- Posted August 18th, 2007 at 13:59 EDT by
- 6 Comments
While attending a Sony Event for press last week in California, PSU.com was able to get new details and hands on with Insomniac's upcoming PlayStation 3 adventure, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
Once inside the Insomniac studio the press were divided into groups each starting in a separate room where a developer or producer would go over certain aspects of the game.
Part 2: Characters and Levels
In Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction many characters return for their roles from past titles. Players will also see quite a few new lively spirits as they make their way through the game.
- Captain Qwark
- Ratchet and Clank (duh)
- Talwyn: She plays as the female lead
- Captain Slag and Rusty Pete: Two quirky robot pirates that provide much entertainment
- Cronk & Zephyr
- Smuggler: These guys are found on some levels providing missions to acquire certain objects in the environment for rewards.
- Troglasaur: Giant dinosaur that walks amongst the land. Ratchet and jump and use there backs and heads as platforms.
- Grunthor: T-Rex like creature that stomps around the lands of Sargasso
- Drophyds: Fish that are tanked at the heads of robots. Killing the robot bodies drops the tank and the fish squirm for air on the ground.
- Rogues: Giant heavy pirate trooper that drops big cannon balls. Avoid the cannon balls at all costs!!!
- Gelachopers: Small creatures that are attracted to the Gelatonium cubes your Gelanator gadget spews out.
All the environments in Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction are living; constantly moving and providing a real scope to how massive the game really is. The team at Insomniac has done a fantastic job in bringing Ratchet and Clank to next gen and showing the true power of the PlayStation 3.
Only a few environments were shown at this event and they include:
- IRIS Supercomputer: Snow planet teeming with robot pirates
- Zordoom Prison:
- Sargasso: Organic planet with dinosaurs and the first area showcasing the Robo-wings which allow Ratchet to fly anywhere in the level.
- Kerchu City
- Metropolis: The main city where towers are crumbling and pirate ships are attacking and hovering overhead.
- Stratus City
Stay tuned for the last part of the hands on experience on PSU.
- 9:11am EDT - August 18th, 2007
must have game did you hear microsoft is getting sued over the red ring of death yes
- 9:18am EDT - August 18th, 2007
wow, why would they get sued for the 3 red rings of death if they put down 1 billion for repairs and what not? Will the levels in Rachet all be destructible?
- 2:41pm EDT - August 18th, 2007
whats the red ring of death. i wonder how many levels theres gonna be in the full version
- 11:28am EDT - August 19th, 2007
This game just keeps getting better and better.
- 1:53pm EDT - August 19th, 2007
I never played any of these games but this is looking cool.
- 7:32am EDT - August 20th, 2007
R & C, i'm down fo' sure.............
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!