Dead PS2s find a new home in your hand
- Posted September 11th, 2007 at 13:25 EDT by
- 22 Comments
Many of you may not be ready to recycle your "working" PlayStation 2, but for those of you that have an old, broken, disc read error PS2, this might be your solution. Pictures have surfaced around the internet of a company in China that makes pens (yes, pens) out of old PS2s.
It is quite interesting that there is such an ample supply of dead or old PS2s that a company can make a legitimate business venture from them.
GamesRadar didn't reveal anymore about the company, but keep an eye on PSU for more information on this PS2 'peripheral' and where you can get them. Heck, we may even get some for the office.
- 8:32am EDT - September 11th, 2007
Genius...I want one!
XSpike_SpiegelC | XSpike_SpiegelC
- 8:35am EDT - September 11th, 2007
nice...i would buy one
- 8:45am EDT - September 11th, 2007
this just goes to show how innovative and environmentally friendly sony can be lol :)
- 8:55am EDT - September 11th, 2007
so... a highly succesfull last generation consol becomes a pen?
who comes up with those ideas? :S
I will get one just to remind me of good old times... (snifff) poor PS2...
- 9:05am EDT - September 11th, 2007
ts from China? Watch out for the lead content
- 10:02am EDT - September 11th, 2007
If the price is not too high, I would probably get one... nice "franchise"!
- 10:32am EDT - September 11th, 2007
Or mabey they should use broken 360's,....
Sorry to say it.
Someone had to.
- 10:59am EDT - September 11th, 2007
Use it to make new PS3's!!
- 11:03am EDT - September 11th, 2007
That is sweet. My PS2 isn't dead yet but when it does I want it to be turned into pens.
- 11:31am EDT - September 11th, 2007
I think i just threw my ps2 away like 2 months ago. Damn this news for not coming sooner
- 11:40am EDT - September 11th, 2007
Now see, stuff like that I'd pay for.
- 1:03pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
psn id: gingo... lol no i wont be turning my ps2 into a pen thank you very much
- 1:36pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
This Chinese company would make more pens if they used broken Xbox 360s instead.
- 1:57pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
- 2:00pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
Just dont put it in youe mouth, Seems to me the stuff coming from China is pretty bad these days.
- 2:12pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
lol....Does anyone here really think they are making pens from recycled ps2s!? they are scrapping the internal parts for use and then just giving you pens. pens by the way that cost pennies and you are giving up perhaps close to 50-100 dollars in reusable computer hardware.
- 2:48pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
They could build HOMES with all the dead 36*s in the last year.
- 3:12pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
nice ps2 tribute i want one
- 5:52pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
Wow what a collecter's item. I def want one of those
- 7:30pm EDT - September 11th, 2007
@ ard master, Jared, and Alpha2: Yes, they could makes pens out of 360s, but who would want them? They'd probably just break in a few weeks anyway. And you have to keep sending in for replacements because your writing is pushing the pen to its limits. Ahahaha. And who wants just one? I'd buy a box of 1000, wait for a year, and sell them on eBay.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!