GTA IV could win you $10,000
And the hype machine just keeps on rolling! With the release of the highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto IV a little over a month away, GameStop continues to add to the snowball of hype that has formed for this game by providing gamers a chance to win USD 10,000.
In this text-to-win game, gamers will have from now until April 15 to submit the winning text answering the question, "Where did Niko Bellic hide his lock box?" Participants will compete for the chance to be flown to Liberty City (aka New York City) on April 28 to participate in the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV the following day. Other regional winners will meet up with National winners and be given the chance to battle for USD 30,000 in prizes.
A total of four (4) national winners will be selected at random from all correct mobile and online entries, and will each be awarded:
* Roundtrip airfare and ground transportation to "Liberty City" for themselves and a guest
* One hotel room for two nights
* Two gift bags courtesy of GameStop and Grand Theft Auto IV
* Two hundred and fifty dollars (USD 250) in spending money
* One key to open a lock box at the April 28th launch event
At the April 28th contest/launch party event, lucky national and regional winners will get the chance to find out if their key is the one that will open Niko's lock box, containing 38 envelopes valued from USD 100 to USD 10,000. The details for the text to win sweepstakes are after the jump: