Sony dominates latest Japanese software chart
- Posted April 10th, 2008 at 06:15 EDT by Michael Harradence
Sony has made a significant dent on the Japanese software chart this past week, with Monster Hunter 2G for PlayStation Portable leading a succession of titles spanning all three of the company’s hardware platforms.
Media Create data complied for the week ended April 6 reports that the handheld title sold 488,000 units, followed by PlayStation 2 new entry, Musou Orochi: The Evil King Returns, which sold close to 230,000 units.
Meanwhile, PSP title Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution took third place with 91,000 units sold, followed by the PlayStation 3 and PS2 versions of Pro Baseball Spirits 5 at four and five, respectively, selling a combined total of 140,000 copies.
The remainder of the chart is occupied by DS and Wii titles, with the critically acclaimed Super Smash Bros Brawl still holding on at number nine over two months after its release in the territory.
· 1. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP)
· 2. Musou Orochi: The Evil King Returns (PS2)
· 3. Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution (PSP)
· 4. Pro Baseball Spirits 5 (PS2)
· 5. Pro Baseball Spirits 5 (PS3)
· 6. Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage (DS)
· 7. Wii Fit (Wii)
· 8. Tottado! Yowiko's Deserted Island Life (DS)
· 9. Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
· 10. Deca Sporta (Wii)