Grand Theft Auto IV patch released
- Posted June 23rd, 2008 at 12:57 EDT by
- 25 Comments
Rockstar is continuing to improve the quality of their record-breaking title Grand Theft Auto IV with yet another released patch. This will mark the second patch released in less than two months in order to correct some of the issues users may be running into. These fixes are for both the PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360 platforms. We've included the list for you to check out below.
1. Fixed an issue where players were unable to enter or exit vehicles in GTA Race.
2. Fixed an issue where scripted vehicles were causing games to unexpectedly crash.
3. Improved reliability and frequency of PS3™ online leaderboard updates.
4. Fixed a rare hang some players encountered when moving from a Race or GTA Race lobby into gameplay.
5. Fixed a hang that would occur when players were switching teams during the countdown in the lobby.
6. Fixed an issue where players were able to get ridiculously high scores from Cops 'n Crooks matches.
7. Changed GTA Race and Race so that the last player remaining always receives a reward of $250.
8. Fixed an issue where spectating players would prevent the game from finishing.
9. Fixed an issue where players were unable to spectate in Round 2 of Cops 'n Crooks games.
10. Changed countdown timer in lobby so that it no longer resets when new players join a game.
11. Changed the kick option so that kicked players are no longer brought back to single player.
Hopefully Rockstar continues to improve their franchise title and we'll keep you up to date if they decide to release another patch.
- 7:59am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
- 8:00am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
After playing MGS i completely forgot about GTAIV's awesome multiplayer and these updates are great. Now i just hope we will see some DLC soon....
- 8:06am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
we wont be seeing and dlc to ps3 because MS bought the exclusive rights tyo dlc for a couple years and rockstar said they arent planning on bringing out dlc for awhile anyways.
- 8:12am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
That dosent mean that there can be download for the ps3. They just have 2 episodes.
We can get extra cars or weapons for example.
- 8:16am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
- 8:19am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Another patch!!!?? Didn't know!! Too busy playing MGO!
- 8:29am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Still enjoy GTA but not as much as MGO, will update it though.Thnx Rockstar.
- 8:36am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
i'm glad they fixed the kick issues i hated getting kicked out to single player all the time and then having to go back into multiplayer process again every single time.
- 8:37am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
i haven't played in 4 weeks i forgot about it since i beat it. i have to pop it in.
- 8:53am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
great news gta is awesome online much better than mgo. mgo in my opinion was a big let down mgs4 tho was brilliant. for me mgo didnt capture what mg is all about (tactical stealth)
- 9:40am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Awesome, we needed this...
- 9:42am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Hmm.. Maybe, maybe if the lag isn't so bad I'll give GTA's online another go. But I doubt MGO will be happy about that... *lol*
- 10:52am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
I totally agree with you there, MGO did not capture what the game is really about, stealth & tactics. But as a single player game, MGS4 was awsome!! Heck I'd play COD4 if I wanted to play online.
- 10:57am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
GTA online is literally a joke. MGO IMO does capture what MGS is all about, though I'm not sure to what extent, as I've not had the pleasure of playing for more than a few hours. Let's put it this way: I believe that MGO CAN capture what MGS is all about if you play it correctly and when playing with friends communicate clearly and use teamwork.
Though I do understand what you two are saying. MGO does have a different feel than traditional Metal Gear. I think that all onines do, though. With MGO especially, you just have to play around and search for that particular type of gameplay you are looking for.
- 11:41am EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Im pretty sure that rockstar mentioned the possibility of some other DLC for the ps3 version. I'm crossing my fingers anyway
I can't wait to see what they have in store for the 360 adn then get really pissed because i won't get it.
What are you talking about? GTA online is great, it features everything that makes the singleplayer so good and without any significant lag.
I think MGO is okay, but i really think the concept of an online sneaking game where all the players have 3rd person camera angles is a bit stupid since you can never tell what the other players are able to see... which makes it pretty hard to sneak up to them.
- 12:23pm EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Why I said "literally a joke" is because that's what it is. In other words, I'm not saying that it sucks or it isn't good, but what makes it good is because it is complete chaos and it's hilarious. I believe it's intended to literally be a joke. About the MGO, though - I actually agree about the sneaking game being third person is odd. I can check corners and look behind things before moving on, but I guess that just makes up for not being able to peak your head around corners. But to sneak, I mean there's cardboard boxes all around the place, hide in one. I haven't even got to try the other modes like the one with Snake, so I'm going to try all the different modes besides just Team Deathmatch and Free For All to see if MGO captures the Metal Gear feel more in those modes. Like I said, I really think that MGO can be succussful in what it does if you find that playing style that you think is right for MGO.
- 12:33pm EDT - June 23rd, 2008
psn id: gingo.. always good to hear of developers fixing their products through patches, so much better than ps2 where if games were broken they stayed broken
- 1:13pm EDT - June 23rd, 2008
I want something thats going to give us after play after the game has been beat other then online play. The game was good but after you beat it there is nothing to do. nothing like gta:sa. How about a little download for some after play, like mod cars buy something other then cloths and food, like homes and business and make money that way.
psn id: I95SOUTH
- 2:43pm EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Wow. I never knew about any of these problems, lol.
- 5:04pm EDT - June 23rd, 2008
Wow! I stopped playing this game a month ago! Got tired of the BS online, some, not even mentioned in this. Oh well, power to the others that still play it. FTW!!! PSN I.D.:Demented007
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!