All Alone in the Dark PS3 changes detailed
- Posted September 5th, 2008 at 20:30 EDT by
- 20 Comments
Eden Studios has released a detailed list of the improvements and changes being made to the PS3 version of Alone in the Dark. Everything from camera work to an exclusive sequence has been added, hopefully making Alone in the Dark a smoother, more enjoyable experience.
Here is the list of additions:
- Full 360 camera control: enhanced camera controls allows complete freedom of the camera and better handling of first person view camera movement for even more immersive gameplay
- Fine-tuned controls: quicker and smoother reactivity of the hero’s movements in third person view make for more rapid movements in nail-biting situations
- Inventory system more accessible: more logical jacket inventory system with the ability to combine objects using only the D-pad, and more fluid hero movement makes item selection a breeze.
- More tips: players will get all the help they need to get through every situation and get the most out of the game
- Spectral Vision tuning: a tutorial explains the need to burn roots in order to gain spectral vision and difficulty tuning means less spectral vision is required to reach the end of the game
- Improved car dynamics and handling: car handling has been tuned to make driving a car a walk in the park in every situation, including increased suspension and reduced drift
- 59th Street level tuning: one of the game’s most exciting sequences just got better. 59th Street has been tweaked for a more satisfying race against the fissure with difficulty tuning, an added checkpoint at Columbus Circle and clear voice directions given by Sarah
- Brand new thrilling action sequence: an exclusive new sequence has been added in Episode 6 for even more pace and variety of gameplay in the episode.
For those of you willing to give it a shot, Alone in the Dark is set to release November 18.
- 3:34pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
i herd the 360 one sucked mightily so hopefuly these shall improve upon it and make it an ok game
- 3:43pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
looks like the 360 one was just a demo or a test run.
- 3:44pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
@1: That's sad to hear for the 360 version.
Read the article and it seems to be a promising PS3 version of Alone in the Dark.
- 3:51pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
yeah.. i heard the game was epic fail on 360
now how i'm gonna get enough money to buy all these wonderfull games on these couble of monthes ?!
i'm gonna be broke
- 4:37pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
SOmeone who played the 360 version wanna comment on this and tell us if these changes improve the flaws?
- 5:25pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
I've heard many bad things and seen bad reviews about this game, but if the developers care enough to try and rectify these issues for the ps3 version I might aswell and give it a shot.
- 5:28pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
i played the demo on the 360. if the full game is anything like the demo, then these changes will not improve the game completely, only slightly. it is not a bad game, an average one. it is nothing to look up to.
- 5:46pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
@2: It's true, they we're riping off 360 users just to make it fun for the PS3 users!
- 6:23pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
I played the 360 version and was impressed. Some parts suck though thanks to the issues mentioned. I will try it if the graphics engine is well ported.
- 7:14pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
THIS is what I'm talking about. I seen X-Play's reviews on the game and thought WOW. Everything they complained about seems to be fixed here. If only all ports from the 360 are this exciting.
- 8:43pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
I'm hoping Phil is behind these changes, seeing as how we're getting it later,
- 8:59pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
Is this the game that was long ago called Alan wake?
- 10:40pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
Phil Harrison was really going ga ga over this title when he moved to Atari>.>
- 10:52pm EDT - September 5th, 2008
360 one gets an update. They already said so.
dj_superior: of course not : there even was news some time ago that they're still busy with Alan Wake though they were having some troubles.
- 12:46am EDT - September 6th, 2008
Wow, theres so many good games coming out soon. don't know what to get. maybe all of them !!
- 2:22am EDT - September 6th, 2008
- 6:45am EDT - September 6th, 2008
I appreciate the effort, they should patch poor games like this.
Thers an incredibly awesome game somewher inside Mercenaries 2.
- 6:55am EDT - September 6th, 2008
psn id: gingo... its good that they have listened to the criticism and tried to change the game for the better but some of the problems in the 360 reviews sounded unrectifiable so we'll just have to see
- 11:49pm EDT - September 6th, 2008
no spank you
- 12:17pm EDT - September 8th, 2008
I don' think this will be enough to save the game but I admire and respect the developers for trying. Dead Space has my money though.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!