Heavy Rain story continues even if main character dies
- Posted September 11th, 2008 at 04:46 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 28 Comments
Quantic Dreams Founder David Cage has revealed that Heavy Rain will allow players to continue through the main storyline even if the game’s female protagonist is killed.
Speaking at the Games Convention last month, Cage commented, “I can’t really tell you too much about what the story’s about or how it’s going to work with the characters, all I can tell you that your character - the main character - can die, and the story will continue.”
“You can continue to play, without this character, of course.”
Asked whether or not this meant gamers would be transferred to a side-story, Cage replied, “No, no,” adding, “It’s one big story.”
Heavy Rain will be released exclusively for PlayStation 3 in 2009.
- 11:57pm EDT - September 10th, 2008
Wierd... sounds cool though
- 12:08am EDT - September 11th, 2008
this game looks even more interesting now
- 12:13am EDT - September 11th, 2008
I'm definitely getting this, since this is probably the only or last graphic adventure we'll be seeing this generation!
- 12:15am EDT - September 11th, 2008
already knew.. but hopefully it'll be cool.
- 1:06am EDT - September 11th, 2008
This is a point, so basically you know that the character will die lol.
- 1:55am EDT - September 11th, 2008
- 2:15am EDT - September 11th, 2008
thats something u cant see in everygame
- 2:16am EDT - September 11th, 2008
well it sounds interseting
psycho_mantis | uncut_raw187
- 2:18am EDT - September 11th, 2008
is this gonna be something like broken sword or silent hill without the horror.....
- 2:26am EDT - September 11th, 2008
Will this game have more than one ending?? (I don't mean the same ending but with a different character)
- 2:32am EDT - September 11th, 2008
any game like brokensword in story wise is a brilliant game for me :) and i think this game has the same feeling for it.
if u want friends on ur psn add me :D
- 2:33am EDT - September 11th, 2008
nice to know that the article is spelled wrong lol. but the news about the game is making me even more interested. im really liking where their taking this.
Arimax | Netherlord
- 2:49am EDT - September 11th, 2008
Are most of you guys really going to buy this game? I mean come on that's kinda hard to believe to me given what mostly psu is.
Sorry to sound like an ahole, but it's still hard to believe when people say they'll buy this game.
- 3:43am EDT - September 11th, 2008
@Arimax: Wha? We're discussing an interesting game here. I will get the game b/c Quantic Dream also put out Omikron the Nomad Soul (which I have). Ten years old and still an amazing game. As to who will buy what, why does that matter to you? And don't denigrate PSU.
- 4:11am EDT - September 11th, 2008
i wonder how it'll work out,i doesn't have a narrative does it?
- 5:06am EDT - September 11th, 2008
something original and thats what the ps3 needs
- 5:49am EDT - September 11th, 2008
this sounds interesting. I'm gonna get this one
- 5:52am EDT - September 11th, 2008
this is a bit risky and im not sure if everyone would like it!
- 7:39am EDT - September 11th, 2008
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!