The Evolution of MotorStorm
- Posted October 28th, 2008 at 16:52 EDT by
- 22 Comments
Glancing to your left will leave you in a state of euphoria as you gaze upon the lush forest, expansive ocean, and sweeping sunset. While this may sound like heaven on earth, on your right a muddy reality is being slung into your face, engines are roaring, and the nearest driver is pointing towards you in arrogance. Welcome to the Pacific Rift, where MotorStorm challengers come to work and play.
MotorStorm Pacific Rift just hit retail shelves with a bang, and rightfully so. For those of you on the fence, however, we've included a list of this title's coolest aspects as well as several screenshots comparing the original title to Pacific Rift.
- Pacific Rift offers gamers the opportunity to finally play split-screen multiplayer with their friends. Unlike the first installment, which received a lot of complaints due to the lack of this game mode, Pacific Rift gives you and three of your buddies the chance to find out who is truly numero uno.
- While MotorStorm gave users eight tracks to race on, Pacific Rift is doubling the courses and has shipped with an impressive array of 16 tracks. If eight was enough to get that adrenaline pumping and blood flowing, just imagine what type of excitement four earth, four air, four water and four fire tracks will bring.
- Not only does Pacific Rift bring back the original seven vehicle classes, but it also introduces gamers to the massive monster truck. Don't kid yourself, you know that you want to dominate the other vehicles on the road to work each morning -- here's your chance to live out that fantasy.
- The original MotorStorm only gave you dusty, dirty roads to race on. Pacific Rift expands on the idea of one or two terrains to bring you at least five. These locales include volcanic mountain sides, beaches, jungles, caves, and a sugar factory.
- Online gamers can blaze a new trail in the 16-player online races. That's right, 16 players per race. This is sure to result in a ton of damaged vehicles, broken bones, and spectacular crashes.
Make sure you to fill up on energy drinks when you start playing, because it's going to be a bumpy ride.
We're not even going to tell you which is which, because the difference is that clear!
- 1:01pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
Looks really good,got it on pre order. Original doesnt look half bad thou
- 1:03pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
Wow, there isn't much of a difference. I actually like the first Motorstorm's graphics better.
- 1:06pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
Both graphics rock. They're pretty much the same, only difference being desert and Pacific environments. Of course Pacific Rift has a bit better graphics, but not a lot.
- 1:12pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
I have to agree. I think that MS1 had slightly better graphics. I like how well the did with the Death Valley backrounds. Very good graphics on both. I think they had to tone down the vehicle graphics a little to make it run smoothly with all of the lush environments pacific rift brings.
- 1:36pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
Play the demo, see for yourself. It looks very sexy. And the loud engines combined with the loud music really gives you chills. All the action going on, the supersexy Motorstorm-physics, the environments - just pure beauty.
I seriously love that slow-mo/heavy gravity in there. And boy oh boy, screenshot 10 looks mighty sexy.
- 1:44pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
psn id: gingo... i never picked the first one up mainly because of the lack of split screen but i am definitely gonna pick up pacific rift as it looks really much improved in all areas
Arimax | Netherlord
- 1:55pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
graphics may not be better, but the detail is some of the comparison's may MS1 look cartoonish like the 1st one.
- 2:40pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
The handling isn't good IMO, the cars don't turn...
- 2:42pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
Graphics aren't really that different. The AI probably still sucks though.
- 2:48pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
only difference is terrain.... both beautiful though!
- 3:11pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
do you dudes even have a hi-def tv??
cuz the graphics from the 1st one to the 2nd one are a MASSIVE improvement.. you dudes need to double check your d@mn vision.
im a dude that looks for close flaws i guess you can say,but insted overlooks them and finds the good stuff.. but i only found one flaw with pacific rift and that was the vehicles hovering over ground and not feling like your on the ground itself.
anywho for the ones that said the visuals looked better then the 2nd one,your obviously a bunch of blind fools.
- 3:16pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
I want this for xmas so badly as I can't afford it now because I'm getting LBP & R2
- 4:14pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
I wasn't impressed by the demo, if anything I think the ground textures have gotten worse. While it's nice they have added split screen etc, the very basic "I can't turn a corner", and "I need to hold boost the whole track" mechanic hasn't changed. I got bored quickly with the first, and I didn't see anything in the demo that was any different gameplay wise, thanks but no thanks.
- 4:30pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
@11 Yes, I do have an HDTV(1080p). Also, I have 20/20 vision. There isn't much of an improvement on the game. As much as I love Sony, they really didn't do anything to improve the graphics. Though, the plants do look good.
- 4:50pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
I see a difference in the two. The second one looks more crisp and clear to me while the first is a little bit hazy. That could just be dust tho.
- 5:48pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
MotorStorm 2 owns. nuff said.
- 5:57pm EDT - October 28th, 2008
Both look really good.
- 11:52am EDT - October 29th, 2008
some of yall must cant drive from the demo all three cars turn like they suppose to turn. i think some of yall want the cars on the game to turn and the AI to drve like it was GT:P 5 or NFS.
- 1:22pm EDT - October 29th, 2008
psu, how about you don't post advertisments with sounds anymore!!!...can you say annoying
- 11:47am EDT - October 30th, 2008
looks good but i dont regret getting PURE over this (although it has no split-screen wich sucks)
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!