The Witcher confirmed for PlayStation 3
- Posted November 30th, 2008 at 12:43 EDT by
- 27 Comments
PC Game of the Year 2008. Ultimate Game of the Year. These are two awards won by The Witcher from The Golden Joystick Awards. Sounds promising to finally have a Role-Playing Game of that caliber announced for the PlayStation 3, doesn't it? According to designers, the game will feature an entirely new engine, new combat, new dynamic lighting and new aggressive AI from the enemy characters.
We've included a fully detailed video below where one of the game's designers gives a detailed explanation about everything they've made fresh for the console version.
No release date has yet to be given.
- 7:48am EST - November 30th, 2008
strange, i havent heard about the game before
but it looks good
- 7:49am EST - November 30th, 2008
I thought this game looked cool.
- 8:01am EST - November 30th, 2008
nice on pc it was great finally rpgs here they come great rpgs
- 8:14am EST - November 30th, 2008
this looks pretty promising. the main character looks cool especially the combat system...can't wait...
- 8:27am EST - November 30th, 2008
ps3 console exclusive or for both 360 and ps3? if so which is the lead platform?
- 8:30am EST - November 30th, 2008
scince when?? all these awards and i never heard of it.......oh well. PC gamers would be quite miffed i would imagine,with all the changes happening to the game. but at least the PC got it first :). regardless it looks awsome as it is (that was the PC version playing right?)
- 8:45am EST - November 30th, 2008
Im playing through this game for the 4th time now and I love every bit of it. I cant say how it will be on the ps3/360 but for the pc it's one good game.
- 9:23am EST - November 30th, 2008
this game is awesome. I can see it really florish on the console. I have it for the ps3 and all i have to say is that this is a must for any rpg fans
- 9:42am EST - November 30th, 2008
Trophy support FTW !!!
- 9:44am EST - November 30th, 2008
I dont think PC gamers really care for console wars to tell you the truth
- 10:22am EST - November 30th, 2008
if they fix the the control system to be better then the pc, it will be a fantastic game.. one thing htat worries me is they mention use of the sixaxis... that thing needs to be ditched
- 10:34am EST - November 30th, 2008
the witcher is a sick game
- 10:39am EST - November 30th, 2008
witcher is one of the great games that you can have sex in them :) Great story ,impressive voice over, solid graphics good gameplay. I have put around 20 hours currently to this game and im loving it.
- 11:14am EST - November 30th, 2008
all CG video so i dont care
- 11:17am EST - November 30th, 2008
Wow Polish game for ps3. The story will be great, Im sure cause i know it. If gameplay will be as good as graphic im gonna buy it.
- 11:50am EST - November 30th, 2008
Ive heard everybody said a great game for PC. now it's coming out to PS3. it's gonna be awesome.
- 12:47pm EST - November 30th, 2008
- 1:11pm EST - November 30th, 2008
YES! i was thinking bout getting it for my computer, but screw dat! WOOT! And he does say Achievement and Trophy, also Sixaxis support!
- 1:39pm EST - November 30th, 2008
so everything will be "more dynamic". That's the adjective behind every description! Nonetheless, looks like an interesting game, though ive never heard of it...
- 2:51pm EST - November 30th, 2008
Great game on the PC. I've already beat it and it's well worth playing, especially for a foreign game.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!