Resistance 2's 1.4 patch coming Monday
- Posted January 25th, 2009 at 01:00 EDT by
- 27 Comments
Some of you may have noticed that Resistance 2 has quite a few bugs within its coding. You should be happy to know that Insomniac is aware of the issue and plans to release a patch this coming Monday in order to repair a lot of the issues being found. One key problem is the reset of experience during online play, rendering players at Level One after sessions of hard experience earning. Thankfully, the patch will bump you back up to your appropriate level and allow you to keep all of your EXP that you earned post-reset as well.
The patch also fixes the glitch that prevents gamers from receiving their 10,000 kill Trophy. This fix will be retroactive, so you will not be expected to reach that milestone once more in order to achieve it.
We've included the rest of the details below.
* “Salute Me” trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)
* “Berserker” trophy can be collected during non-ranked games
* “Survivor” medal can be collected in cooperative games
* “Sure Shot” ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%
* Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags
* Default clan region is now USA
* Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started
* Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games
* Loadouts can be disabled in the “Create Game” screen in competitive games
* Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games
* Core Control scoreboard displays “Kills”
* Improved scoreboard formatting
* Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games
* Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games
* Small ammo pickups don’t give LAARK ammo in cooperative games
* Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it
* Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy
* Fire is easier to shake off
* Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack
* Localized text updates
* Network message optimizations
* EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish
- 9:43pm EST - January 24th, 2009
amazing being that im on this game everyday
- 9:58pm EST - January 24th, 2009
Finally they fixed the ridiculous amount of XP that medics could make.
- 10:20pm EST - January 24th, 2009
This game sucks im glad sold it last week.
*runs back to play fallout 3 and COD5*
- 10:21pm EST - January 24th, 2009
kinda old news but teh date is great!
- 10:42pm EST - January 24th, 2009
I stopped playing this game after I beat it. The online is horrible, I liked FOM better. I went back to playing Warhawk, and i'll wait for KZ2. PSN ID- Demented007
- 10:48pm EST - January 24th, 2009
iactually don't know what my level is any more
in the equipement it says my level is 18
and in the profile it says my level is 21 or 22 ( I can't remember )
- 11:13pm EST - January 24th, 2009
This game is amazing (much better than COD5). I am happy to see them fixing the issues that have been reported. I for one love playing this game online and am looking forward to this patch.
- 11:32pm EST - January 24th, 2009
I'm well chuffed with this. The stalker movement, medic XP and unbalanced teams were a few things that annoyed me. Luckily for me I got the Salute Me trophy just yesterday even though I'm certainly not level 31 :D. It'll probably get taken away from me though.
I'd like to add a comment to gameoholic. How the funk can you say the online play is horrible? If anything it's the saving grace of the game. I mean let's face it, the main campaign was still a little weak and didn't last very long. But I've had actual DAYS of play out of the online mode.
- 11:42pm EST - January 24th, 2009
i just don't like how long it takes to level up almost 10-12 games to reach a new level and that's when im playing good
- 1:01am EST - January 25th, 2009
aww man thats the reason why i loved being a medic
- 2:08am EST - January 25th, 2009
wtf? theyre reducing the points the medic gets?? nooooooooooo!! but anyway at least theyre fixing a lot of the bugs. i wonder if theyll fix that bug where the titans get stuck on the scenery or start flying away.... lol
- 4:00am EST - January 25th, 2009
They could have added some new maps, as I'm getting pretty bored of the present ones. A moving stalker should be interesting.
- 5:05am EST - January 25th, 2009
level 24 soldier so i better not get that taken away from me and start all over again..id like some new maps and medals/ribbons aswell.
- 5:28am EST - January 25th, 2009
Im glad i quit.
Besides the stalkers moving co-op is now crap.
- 6:14am EST - January 25th, 2009
Sucks for the medics wanting to level up easier. Although, I don't understand why they would cut back because if everyone was doing their job, the medic would hardly get any XP at all. I've been a level 30 medic, and some soldiers XP will blow mine away sometimes.
I think they should have reduced the kill/XP amounts required for competitive trophies. I don't play comp(because I'm terrible), and those requirements are hardly making it attractive for me to play. Which in turn, means I'll never get the platinum trophy. Shame.
- 7:35am EST - January 25th, 2009
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! what about improved splitscreen? such as the second player keeping his exp?
- 7:39am EST - January 25th, 2009
everythin looks good cept for the medics, let them have their extra xp it aint affectin me and people need an incentive to be a medic other wise the whole team wud fall apart
- 8:42am EST - January 25th, 2009
i hope it fixes the match making in competitive multiplayer. i get so effin frustrated when i search for a DM on a small map (always 10 players max, which allows me to average about 15-20 kills per round) & i get a DM on a large map (20-25 players max i think) i effin hate that, the more players the more kills they take away, i once ended with 27 assists in one DM round on a large map, its so anoying
- 8:53am EST - January 25th, 2009
Medics obtain EXP through the pheonix which saps the enemies health and its no glitch
- 10:43am EST - January 25th, 2009
have they fixed the split screen for online
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!