MotorStorm: Pacific Rift patch nearing completion
- Posted January 27th, 2009 at 06:25 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 14 Comments
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) community manager Jamie Brayshaw has confirmed that the upcoming patch for MotorStorm: Pacific rift is nearing completion and will be released “in the near future.”
Speaking on the official PlayStation Blog, Brayshaw said, "The first major update for MotorStorm Pacific Rift is currently in the final stages of development and testing.”
"This update contains many improvements and amendments to the game, as well as fixes to several issues reported on the forum, and is scheduled for release in the near future,” he added.
The patch will include the following:
-Restrictions to the copying of Saved Data have been removed:
This will make it possible for Saved Data to be backed up and then restored to the User Account it was created under (whether that's on the same PLAYSTATION 3 or not).
- Changes to the way the game handles data:
These changes will help to prevent Saved Data corruption.
- Visual notification of critical save progress has been added:
A 'MotorStorm Helmet' icon will be displayed on-screen to warn users that critical data is being saved. This is in addition to the HDD Access light which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
- The glitch which enables a player to exploit the Boost system has been removed:
The development team are working to identify which times have been achieved using this glitch; Action will be taken to ensure that the Leaderboards become genuinely competitive again.
- Time Attack times and Rank information will update correctly for all players:
Any pending Time Attack times will begin to filter through systematically and the online Ranks should display correctly once the update is released.
- Additional fixes and improvements to gameplay:
Many thanks for your feedback on these and other issues so far; we are still investigating the other issues that have been brought to our attention.
- 2:01am EST - January 27th, 2009
yeahhhhhhhhhhh im the first one to post i think its really nice that Motorstorm 2 is having a petch because it will help inprove the game
- 2:19am EST - January 27th, 2009
- 3:01am EST - January 27th, 2009
i havnt notice an issue with this game atall. apart from online placings. says ur coming first with no1 infront of u then when u cross the line u finish '5st'
- 3:02am EST - January 27th, 2009
yeah im 3rd
- 3:11am EST - January 27th, 2009
psn id: gingo.... @3.. yea thats the only problem i've ever seen in this game all the other problems havn't affected me as of yet
- 3:51am EST - January 27th, 2009
The only thing that I think is wrong with the game is the insane difficulty towards the end. The last 10 or so missions are purely based on luck, and a 1 in 50 chance at that, very frustrating!
- 4:34am EST - January 27th, 2009
Please if your going to brag about being "First Post" then learn how to spell easy words like "patch" and "improve". As for the patch it looks like it'll be a good update for the game.
- 5:52am EST - January 27th, 2009
if he stopped for spell check he might not get first post but at leat he said sumthing not just first!!
- 8:26am EST - January 27th, 2009
Yeeeeees finally ill be able to save game data onto an sd memory card !!!
- 9:07am EST - January 27th, 2009
whats the boost glitch?
- 1:16pm EST - January 27th, 2009
Too bad my data already got F****** got corrupted.
- 1:58pm EST - January 27th, 2009
I thought they promised free weekly dlc. I'm still waiting...
- 11:34pm EST - January 27th, 2009
I wish they would make the online lobbies like the ones in MotorStorm 1... they are HORRIBLE in Pacific Rift... that is why I sold PR..
Dragonfly | Azurium
- 6:34am EST - February 21st, 2009
hey, can anybody tell me where to find all new features?
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!