Japan: Sony platforms lead software charts
- Posted February 13th, 2009 at 05:34 EDT by Michael Harradence
Sales of PlayStation software over in the land of the rising sun appear to be gathering steam as of late, with titles spanning all three of Sony's current platforms occupying the top four positions in the Japanese top ten.
According to sales data for the week ended February 8, the PSP nabs the top spot with Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2, which sold through 45,000 copies, followed by the PS3 exclusive Demon’s Souls at number two.
Meanwhile, the PSP and PS2 versions of popular sports sim Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 hold firm at third and fourth place, respectively, shifting over 30,000 units each.
1. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP) - 45,000 units sold
2. Demon's Souls (PS3) - 40,000
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PSP) - 38,000
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PS2) - 37,000