An abundance of Assassin's Creed 2 details emerge
- Posted April 13th, 2009 at 20:01 EDT by
- 27 Comments
Over the Easter weekend scans were released revealing more information and tidbits about Ubisoft Montreal's upcoming title Assassin's Creed 2. Unfortunately, we're unable to post the scans themselves, but a forum goer from NeoGAF has drawn up a small summary of the details in his own words that we'll share with you below. While it looks as though the development team is working on correcting a lot of the complaints gamers had the first time around, it will be interesting to see if the team truly pulls this one off.
We've included the list of details below.
- 1476, warring families, corrupted clergy, political intrigue, warring city-states.
- Assassination and executions are common in those days.
- Post plague era, modern science begins, etc., (basically, a resume of what the Renaissance era was like).
- Assassins and Templars continue their struggle.
- Venice and its waterways, Florence and its huge monuments.
- There is an illustration of San Gimignano's towers, and it speaks of the Tuscany country side. Another illustration shows some boats in Venice's canals.
- Saint Mark's Basilica. The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, Rialto Bridge, are shown (screenshots compared to real-life shots)
- Patrice Désilets says Altair was only in the middle of the "timeline", but now you live through the memories of a new ancestor to Desmond.
- Da Vinci is an ally to Ezio's family. He is like Q in James Bond. Machiavelli teaches you "tactics".
- "We know that he (Ezio) does end up alone and on a quest for vengeance". Learns to become an Assassin.
- Ezio can dive into the water in Venice, hide underwater as long as he can hold his breath, etc.
- You can pull guards in the water to assassinate them.
- Taller buildings. You can use a new leap maneuver to climb faster.
- More varied "hiding places"
- Ezio's infamy grows if makes too much commotion, making people more suspicious. If you become notorious, new missions appear (example: assassinate the witnesses, bribe people, get rid of wanted posters), so you can lower your notorious level if you want.
- Ezio can disarm enemies and use their weapons against them.
- Dozens of weapons with their own special moves (pike allows you to knock many enemies off their feet, dagger allows you to do an escape kill of some sort, etc.), can fight without weapons too and do things like throw dirt in an enemy's eyes because sometimes you don't have a weapon (except for the hidden blade and throwing knives), even heabutts! Désilets says that at the end you should become so good with the double hidde blades that you will use them over any weapons. A hammer is shown, a club too, and some blades and an axe.
- Game is made to address concerns people had with AC1, while staying true to its core. Biggest need was "more variety". AC2 no longer uses the AC1 gameplay loop structure (bureau, info, assassination).
- Ezio can use boats to move through the canals (in an example of mission variety, Ezio goes to see an informant but they are attacked and you must defend her as you make your way to a boat, then use it to get her to safety). Sometimes those different mission types are mixed together in one mission (example; mission starts as a simple delivery, but ends up as a chase, and finally a kill).
- A picture is shown of different enemy types. One is really big and fully armored. Each enemy type have their own attitudes and weaknesses. Enemies evolve as the game progresses (first encounter in the game will feel different than later ones). Agile dagger wielders can freerun like Ezio (following him more easily). The big dudes are more deadly in close combat. Spear wielders will look for you moreso, like in hiding places. You can kill enemies from the hiding places (picture shows Ezio grabbing a nearby soldier with his hand on his mouth, emerging from a bay hale chariot).
- Templars and Assassins are "underground, behind the events, pulling strings".
- Day and night cycle.
- Different kinds of objects to find but that actually give you something in return.
- 3:14pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
By the sound of things this game is going to rock
- 3:41pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
if the second is not repetitive then ill buy it
- 3:43pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
look like the game way better then the first one...but im want to see more bout game play ..
- 3:45pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
The only problem I had with the first game was that it was too repetitive. So if they realize that and are trying to change it this game should be good.
- 3:58pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
sounds like they fixed a lot with this one. I might pick the new one up, I loved the first one at first but MAN did it get repetitive
- 4:02pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
Sounds pretty epic
- 4:22pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
" Game is made to address concerns people had with AC1, while staying true to its core. Biggest need was "more variety". AC2 no longer uses the AC1 gameplay loop structure (bureau, info, assassination)."
- 4:25pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
Sounds like it has addressed most of the issues. should be good.
- 4:37pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
lordAlucard | sympozium_666
- 5:00pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
- 5:20pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
the first one was hot no what ppl say
- 5:38pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
Cool , as long as its not repetative then i will be buying this. I gave away my AC 1 .
- 6:01pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
- 6:23pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
If thats Not Variety for the Gamers Saying its Gonna Be repetetive, Then i Dont know What is!!
- 7:47pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
ok im sold!
XSpike_SpiegelC | XSpike_SpiegelC
- 7:51pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
Hopefully they keep the eagle lookout things.... That was the best way to get a good look of the map, and to just sit in awe of the graphics and sight of it all....
1solidsnake | solid1snake67
- 7:58pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
Ezio can dive into the water in Venice, hide underwater as long as he can hold his breath, etc.
- You can pull guards in the water to assassinate them.
- Taller buildings. You can use a new leap maneuver to climb faster
hopefully this game will be way better than the 1st, not so repetive. it might not be epic, it could be awesome though.
- 8:49pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
I bought the first game and regretted it (it realy was a rent for me) but this second one looks to blow AC1 out of the water!!! (Although i still probably only rent AC2)
- 9:37pm EDT - April 13th, 2009
ezio has cometo take over the world . Hide your children
- 4:11am EDT - April 14th, 2009
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!