Dev hints at Dante's Inferno DLC
- Posted April 28th, 2009 at 11:30 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 11 Comments
Lead developer for Dante’s Inferno Jonathan Knight has hinted that downloadable content is in the pipeline for the hellish action romp, though made it clear we won’t be privy to any information until later in the year.
Speaking to VG247 at Electronic Arts’ spring showcase last week, Knight commented, “No information on that at this time, but we’ll be talking about that probably later in the year.”
Knight was less than forthcoming on a target release date, adding, “All I can tell you is next year, not this Christmas.”
Due out on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, PC and Xbox 360, Dante’s Inferno is loosely based on the canticle of the same name from the ambitious Dante Aligheri poem, the Divine Comedy. Early reports point to 60fps and a decidedly Devil May Cry-esque feel – sounds good to us.
- 7:09am EDT - April 28th, 2009
uhm... I like dlc as an after thought. If the dev's think of more stuff to put into the game before launch then do it! Dev's are begining to screw us over very very badly.
- 7:48am EDT - April 28th, 2009
Talking about dlc a year away from release? They know gotdamn well they can add it to the disc already. BS like that is why I'm glad they can't do CRAP about games being resold and them not recieving a profit for it. A bigger screw you to them and I love it because of developers like these. "We ran out out room." Not on the ps3 version, so that can't be an excuse. Screw these developers, I'm not going to play this garbage anyways. I'll have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and GOW 3(The best of all) to play.
- 7:48am EDT - April 28th, 2009
Hater translation: Bend over and take it, I'll give you 80% of the game for $60 then ration out the other 20% at 5 bucks a pop and hopefully wind up milking you for a grand total of $80- 90. Unless you want this collectors edition? In that case put away that lube this will be painfull!
- 9:18am EDT - April 28th, 2009
I think a developer shouldn't be talking about DLC, especially in story driven third person action games.
Which means the game will be cut in little pieces... And you will have to buy all, the have it complete.
I don't like it one bit.
- 9:41am EDT - April 28th, 2009
If we stop buying ridiculous DLC they will stop making it, it's just that simple (Look at Capcoms RE5 versus mode)
- 10:10am EDT - April 28th, 2009
In the future, we have to buy DLC to see game endings and DLC to unlock final levels. I know it sounds stupid but I won't be all that surprised if it really happens in the future.... DLC was suppose to be an awesome afterthought.. not anymore :(
- 10:50am EDT - April 28th, 2009
Unfortunately there are always desperate people who are willing to buy everything immediately. These companies will never get my money. DLC way before release? How obvious they wanna milk us. Probably shoot them an email or something.
- 11:38am EDT - April 28th, 2009
EA and DLC go hand in hand
- 12:56pm EDT - April 28th, 2009
If it's too much like Devil May Cry I won't get it. I've tried to like the games but can't bring myself to play longer than a half hour.
- 2:26pm EDT - April 28th, 2009
The game isn't out already, and they're talking about DLC.
God, I hate this side of the gaming industry.
- 2:50pm EDT - April 28th, 2009
yo werd i cant wait for dis game 2 come out, iv been waitin since the vga last dec. iv been trin to find the german poem but i cant find it in english, if anyone can let me know were i can find an english version of it id really like dat alot, peace.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!