Multiplayer Red Faction: Guerrilla demo arriving May 21
- Posted May 15th, 2009 at 18:21 EDT by Eric Blattberg
- 12 Comments
Those who enjoyed the Red Faction: Guerrilla campaign demo will be pleased to hear that a multiplayer demo is on its way.
'V-Singular' of the official Red Faction Guerrilla site has detailed the multiplayer demo, which will release on the PlayStation Network on May 21. The demo will contain two maps, nine weapons, five backpacks, and 15 unlockable XP levels. It will utilize the 'Damage Control' playlist.
Additionally, stats for the first demo were revealed: the first Red Faction demo has been downloaded over one million times on Xbox Live and PSN -- an impressive figure that the developers are surely encouraged by.
- 1:57pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
the campign demo was amazing, now i have this to look forwad to.
- 1:59pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
I didn't like thee SP demo. I don't think I'll download this MP demo just because of that.
- 2:10pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
i was a bit skeptical of the sp demo, but i downloaded it anyway and ended up really enjoying it. the mp demo should be fun
- 2:15pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
WOOT! I love multiplayer demos and I loved the SP demo for this game, so it's a win win for me. I might get it depending on how well my friends and I like the multiplayer.
- 2:20pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
this is great news i was loving the sp demo, cannot wait to play mp :)
- 2:31pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
I didn't injoy the demo version of the game, so more likely I will not downloads mp demo.
- 2:48pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
What didn't yall like about the demo? I thought it was great. Could have used more trees, but it was Mars, so I wasn't really going to say anything.
- 4:33pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
Its just a generic 3rd person with average multiplatform graphics... average controls and... phisics. Like I've never seen buildings come apart before. a bit underwhelming.
- 5:33pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
Ithought it was rubbish, nothing like red faction 2 on the ps2!
- 8:35pm EDT - May 15th, 2009
The demo was Fun to be honest, lots of booms and bams.
An online demo should be REALLY fun, but we'll see.
- 1:41pm EDT - May 16th, 2009
awesome. I would never buy an fps based solely on my impressions of a single player demo. considering I play 99% multiplayer and the other 1% single player. I can see multiplayer being pretty chaotic like maybe a mix between BF:BC and UT3. I hope its not a let down I really liked the destruction and the mech-like vehicles but felt the single player experience to be a little weak and could tell it would get repetitive.
- 4:41pm EDT - May 16th, 2009
i got to play in the closed beta a long time ago on the 360. it was amazing! im looking forward to seeing how much they have improved over the months.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!