inFamous Cheats & Tips
(1) Use your lightning bolt (which does not cost energy) to charge light post, battery, or another object that can be drained of energy. Drain it after it is charged. If the object does not explode, your entire energy meter will be refilled.
(2) Shock a pedestrian, then walk up to them. Lock on, then repeatedly press Square to restore your power.
(3) After killing a person, shock their body with your basic lightning bolts that require no energy. Press L2 while they are sparking to absorb the energy and recharge.
Easy Experience Points
(1) Find a Dustmen Conduit in The Warren. They frequently spawn three small scorpion-like creatures that are easily killed. Find a safe location (for example, the top of a roof) where the Conduit cannot shoot you with his rocket launcher and the spawned creatures cannot reach you. Keep attacking the spawned creatures for easy experience.
(2) Use the following trick if you are finding it difficult to unlock all of your powers from missions only. After you have built up your character enough to be somewhat dominant (see recommended skill set below), go into an area where you have not restored electricity to yet. Once there, you can grab the attention of multiple enemies by zapping them. Get the attention of as many enemies as possible, and they will all chase after you. Lure them into an alleyway that is narrow, then kill them. Use any powers that you have unlocked up to this point to ensure your survival. You may find other battle tactics to be more useful which you can develop and use for yourself, but the battle tactic that is listed here is recommended.
Note: Once you lure a large group of enemies into an alleyway, throw lightning grenades/bombs at them and use lightning strikes to burn them. Throw the grenades/bombs at enemies that are bunched up together in order to get multiple kills at the same time. The more enemies that you kill at the same time, the more experience you will get. Once all enemies are dead, if there are any wounded enemies that are still alive but are struggling on the ground, use the Life Leech skill (R1 + Square) to suck the neural electricity out of them. This will restore all of your electricity/energy power so that you can repeat the same tactic. Be careful; when using this strategy watch out for turrets mounted on trucks. They are usually located at intersections and up on the railways. A good way of destroying them is to zap the front of the truck, where the engine is located. The entire truck will explode, and it will usually take out the turret as well. It is recommended for you to be pursuing an evil karma state, as the Life Leech will give you bad karma. It is recommended you build up these skills as much as possible before trying this tactic.
Easy Good or Evil Advancement
Find the sick citizens on the ground. Heal them to increase your Karma by three points or drain them to decrease it by three points.
When being chased by a large group of enemies or when there are many enemies nearby, get to the top of a building. Fire some bolts down. They will usually crowd to the closest possible spot near you. Time you jump correctly and drop into the middle of them while holding Square. Most of them should die.
How to Get Maximum Shards Without Finding Any
Note: This is to be done on the evil side.
Kill someone in yellow, and you will be rewarded with shards. After getting killed, you ... (continued on next page)