Best Buy to offer $10 PSN cards
- Posted August 11th, 2009 at 10:31 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 21 Comments
Is the economic downturn putting a strain on your wallet? Can’t afford to shell out for those hefty $20/$50 USD PlayStation Network cards? If so, then you’re in luck – Best Buy has confirmed it will be offering the cards at a recession-busting $10 USD denomination.
In addition, the company is also advertising a $20 USD prepaid LittleBigPlanet-branded ‘collectible art’ card, though it remains unknown exactly when punters will be able to get their hands on both of these items.
Rest assured, PSU will bring you all the latest developments on this story as they become available to us.
- 5:39am EDT - August 11th, 2009
- 5:41am EDT - August 11th, 2009
not big news... but it is relevant
- 5:42am EDT - August 11th, 2009
haha now im still waiting for them here in Aus they were anounced for europe hopefully meaning worldwide and then i get to reap playstation store serv ices and it gets my business alot more than it does atm
- 5:56am EDT - August 11th, 2009
that's all good and well but lets get them in the EU first :p
- 6:01am EDT - August 11th, 2009
It would be kinda stupid IMO to get a $10 card since you can pretty much only buy 1 game and the good ones are usually a little bit more than just $10. Still gamer card > credit card.
- 6:05am EDT - August 11th, 2009
@5 yeh but if u only wanted 1 game
here in aus ps1 classic is $8.45 and dlc is like $10 so if u just want 1 thing its good
- 6:40am EDT - August 11th, 2009
10$ cards would be great
- 7:39am EDT - August 11th, 2009
when will PSN cards be coming to the EU?
- 7:56am EDT - August 11th, 2009
i could of sworn i have seen these 10 dollar ones from best buy in florida.
but anyways it was a good idea to make them.
- 8:55am EDT - August 11th, 2009
when they coming to uk!!!
- 9:37am EDT - August 11th, 2009
how about EU cards?
- 11:40am EDT - August 11th, 2009
why dont they make an $11 card. only because if a game or dlc is 9.99 plus tax its more then 10 dollars. u wouldnt be able to buy a $9.99 game.
- 11:55am EDT - August 11th, 2009
Haha, good point.
- 11:59am EDT - August 11th, 2009
"Rest assured, PSU will bring you all the latest developments on this story as they become available to us." really needs to stop being branded at the bottom of articles. PSU is notorious for bringing news late.
- 12:19pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
never bought a psn card at a store before. when you check out, is it costing $10 even or $10 PLUS sales tax?
- 1:01pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
Here in Ontario, even an $11 card wouldn't work thanks to our 13% sales tax. Make it $12, or maybe I'll just use my credit card. :p
- 1:02pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
sooo when does <b> UK GET THEM</B>
- 6:33pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
$10 PSN card is utterlys pointless. It's better to get $20, my fellow PS3 gamers.
- 2:17pm EDT - August 12th, 2009
That's helpfull when i can't even buy them in store!!!! Have to get them online for cryin out loud!!!
- 2:42am EDT - August 13th, 2009
This is awesome! Sometimes I only want to buy a $10 game and honestly don't want a $20 card.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!