Capcom releasing classics on PS3 and PSP
- Posted August 11th, 2009 at 21:39 EDT by Adam Dolge
- 32 Comments
As a follow up to our article earlier today about the ESRB rating classic Capcom games Dino Crisis, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for the PlayStation 3; we’ve now learned that the company plans on releasing more classics on the PS3 and the PSP. Nearly every classic Capcom game is coming to the PlayStation Network soon.
Here is a full list of games coming to the PSP and PS3.
- Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Powered Up (UMD Legacy)
- Dino Crisis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Powerstone Collection (UMD Legacy)
- Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation Legacy)
- Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (UMD Legacy)
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (UMD Legacy)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PlayStation Legacy)
- Capcom Puzzle World (UMD Legacy)
UMD Legacy titles can be downloaded from your PS3 to a PSP and played in a digital format, making it perfect for the forthcoming PSPgo. You can play the PSone classics on the either the PSP or the PS3.
- 4:40pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I hope they release the resident evil games soon! I have some things to adjust with those games!
- 4:40pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I want Megaman Legends released as a PSN game or something.... >=(
- 4:43pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
one thing I've always thought about... why they cannot release a conversion of some good PSP games for ps3?
It would be awesome to be able to play patapon on my ps3, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one feeling this way; what do you guys think?
- 5:03pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
Wasn't this released like a month ago?
- 5:45pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
What is a UMD Legacy?
- 6:14pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
PSN version of a past UMD game (in other words a previous psp game now which will work on the psp go too ;) )
- 6:20pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
@6, so then why say UMD legacy if it will work anyway? It just sounds like they're trying to confuse people
AaronSOLDIER | AaronSOLDIER
- 6:30pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
Because its a rerelease of a UMD
- 6:47pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
Ah ok thanks darksora buddy. =)
- 7:07pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I wish they'd make PSP games playable on PS3.
- 7:16pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I want the PS2 25th anniversary collection on PSN!!!
Mega Man II FTW!
- 7:29pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
awesome caint wait
- 7:41pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
Awesome! But now for the inevitable trophy-whore question...do ps1 classics have trophies?
lordAlucard | sympozium_666
- 7:43pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I don't get it Capcom Classics?! but where's Megaman?!
- 7:51pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I want Breath of Fire 3 and 4!!!
- 8:00pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
I wish they would release ps2 games as well. I would love to play ONIMUSHA series again.
- 8:06pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
PS3 could do with a PSP emulator too.
- 8:35pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
dino crises was easily one of best ps1 game, together with syohon filter 2, how aweasome would be be to replay such a game = DINO Crises.
dino crises ps3 pls??????
- 8:37pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
AWSOME! Darkstalkers, Dino crisis, definite buys for me!
- 9:39pm EDT - August 11th, 2009
Dino Crisis was ok, but Dino Crisis 2 was the s**t. where are ALL the megaman games?
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!