New DLC coming to Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Posted September 8th, 2009 at 16:38 EDT by Adam Dolge
- 34 Comments
If you’ve launched Batman: Arkham Asylum lately, you may have noticed an interesting update to the in-game news ticker. Apparently, the PlayStation 3 is getting new and free downloadable content in nine days, that’s Sept. 17.
We don’t have any other information on this content at this time, but we’ll let you know as soon as we learn what this DLC will consist of. Is there anything you are hoping to see in this new free DLC?
- 11:39am EDT - September 8th, 2009
explosive batarangs! lol i hope!
FdMstng99 | InkedOne78
- 11:44am EDT - September 8th, 2009
- 11:45am EDT - September 8th, 2009
More playable characters for challenge mode and a way to start a new game with the same save file.
- 11:48am EDT - September 8th, 2009
@1, they are already in the game
- 11:50am EDT - September 8th, 2009
- 12:05pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
cool with that
- 12:09pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
@5 thank you for your input now i can sleep tonight knowing you don't care about Batman DLC
did i read that correctly free dlc?!?!?! thats great news!
- 12:19pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
@4 they dont have exlosive batarangs in the game. the sonic batarang doesn't explode
- 12:37pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
@ 8 the sonic batarang do blow up, use it like how you use the explosive gel. Just hold L1 and press R2.
Free DLC is always welcome in my budget. hope it's new character (Robin or Nightwing) to play through the story mode
- 12:53pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
It'll proberly be classic costumes of batman.
But its free though so im happy :D
- 1:54pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
probably new challenge rooms with different characters
- 1:59pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
So glad I got this for PS3 and not my 360. More free content is welcome. =D
- 2:00pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
Crime Alley as a new Challenge room for the non-CE users. lol
- 2:07pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
well the game sold better on the ps3 so i guess the whole joker thing worked :)
- 2:54pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
I wouldn't mind different costumes for Batman, such as the classci blue and maybe Bruce Wayne skin. What I really wanted in Batman game was to ride the Batmobile, if that came in DLC: it'd be my dream come true.
- 2:56pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
- 3:30pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
... and I still wait on Best Buy to send my copy.... sigh....
- 4:00pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
Ya, it will probably be dissapointing costume items.
Personally, I'd love to see them turn some of the challenges into multiplayer matches where 1 player is Batman and the thugs are other players. That could prove to be a real hoot that would rival Uncharted 2 gameplay... if done right. But, this is asking a lot of the developers.
- 5:12pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
@9 they send out sonic pulse that kills the guy but they do not explode
- 5:22pm EDT - September 8th, 2009
I got the Dem Bones challenge map from preordering from Gamestop and I think it's great. However, I hate the fact that it's over if you get hit even once. It would have been much better if they had it to where you just didn't regenerate health, instead of ending the match if you get hit. That said; I hope they do something else with the skeleton DLC.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!