American Heavy Rain box art is wet with anticipation
- Posted January 12th, 2010 at 15:53 EDT by Adam Dolge
- 44 Comments
Heavy Rain is one the most anticipated games to land exclusively on the PlayStation 3 this year, and the recently revealed American box art is leaving our mouths watering. While it’s not as ‘classy’ as the PAL cover, the North American box art does provide us with exactly what the name states – there’s some rain, and something that appears really heavy.
The game’s adult themes are presented well in the North American box art. Perhaps there is a double edge sword here – maybe the box art, featuring a very wet woman, is intended to let parents know this game is in fact not for children. Still, maybe Quantic Dream and Sony Computer Entertainment America knows that some images help sell a game.
The images and videos of the game look brilliant, but we’ll get a better idea of how the game actually plays when it’s released in North America on Feb. 23, in Europe on Feb. 24, and in the UK on Feb. 26.
It should be mentioned that the box art was not released by Sony, instead Amazon’s listing features this box art.
- 10:56am EST - January 12th, 2010
very nice cover, looking forward to this game
- 10:57am EST - January 12th, 2010
Dang.. Feb. 23 can't come soon enough!
- 10:58am EST - January 12th, 2010
Looks cool, I like it.
- 11:14am EST - January 12th, 2010
hate it ... might just import the eu version instead
- 11:17am EST - January 12th, 2010
Simple but effective. I like it.
- 11:19am EST - January 12th, 2010
Glad im from UK, the UK boxart is much much better imo
- 11:21am EST - January 12th, 2010
im getting this game
- 11:25am EST - January 12th, 2010
no doubt, I prefer the PAL cover... this one looks like a custom made from cover sites.
- 11:33am EST - January 12th, 2010
the eu verson is the same its just smaller so i dont understand y u guys like one better than the other
ok my bad i was on another web site and it showed the same pic i see the eu box art now
- 11:51am EST - January 12th, 2010
this sounds like a great movie i mean game
- 12:00pm EST - January 12th, 2010
The other boxart is better.
- 12:03pm EST - January 12th, 2010
American covers usually have these two things which other covers do not have:
- Lots of stuff, always. If there is space for a character, put it in
- And of course, GUNS! More guns means better sales.
- 12:06pm EST - January 12th, 2010
...Do we still get that hot sex scene, that's all I really care for..
- 12:09pm EST - January 12th, 2010
I think, you trying to start some controversy where there is none.
Just because of the topless scene that may or may not of been cut
"maybe the box art, featuring a very wet woman"
She is not very wet, her hair is dry, So is the T-shirt as it doesn't show anything other than her arms. As for very wet a couple of drips is all you can see.
Very poor, journalism
- 12:16pm EST - January 12th, 2010
@ higrob, who cares?
- 12:22pm EST - January 12th, 2010
i like the N.A box art, the EU box art plain and boring.
- 12:25pm EST - January 12th, 2010
UK/PAL version is better, simple and effective. Conveys the dark attitude of the game well.
- 12:37pm EST - January 12th, 2010
Nice. Breasts always sell.
Blacksite | BlacksitePSU
- 12:50pm EST - January 12th, 2010
Sorry, but lol at anyone who is going to import the EU version because of the boxart. You may hate the boxart, but what does it matter when you're going to spend a majority of your time playing the game anyways? Don't be shallow now. It's what's inside that matters -- you know, the actual game.
DragonMaster225 | Corey5000
- 12:52pm EST - January 12th, 2010
i cant wait for this game to release
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!