FIFA 11 is UK's third biggest game launch ever
- Posted October 4th, 2010 at 12:14 EDT by Mike Harradence
- 3 Comments
Electronic Arts’ FIFA 11 has nabbed the top spot on the UK All Format Charts for the week ended October 2, becoming the third biggest videogame launch in Britain behind Modern Warfare 2 and GTA IV.
The footie outing’s success saw sales rise by 21 percent in comparison to its predecessor, with revenue sales increasing 36 percent. In terms of console sales, the Xbox 360 version took the lion’s share despite EA’s PS3-centric UK advertising campaign.
Elsewhere, last week’s number one F1 2010 moved down to second place, with Dead Rising 2 moving up to three, while Halo: Reach dropped to four.
See below for the full Top Ten.
1. FIFA 11 (EA Sports, EA)
2. F1 2010 (Codemasters Birmingham, Codemasters)
3. Dead Rising 2 (Blue Castle Games, Capcom)
4. Halo: Reach (Bungie, Microsoft Games Studios)
5. Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Neversoft, Activision Blizzard)
6. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA Sports, EA)
7. Sports Champions (Zindagi Games, Sony Computer Entertainment)
8. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
9. Toy Story 3 (N-Space, Disney Interactive Studios)
10. Civilization v (Firaxis Studios, 2K Games)
- 11:52am EDT - October 4th, 2010
The picture from the thread of 'Rage' from the previous thread looks more like Wayne Rooney than the picture of Rooney on this thread does.
- 12:10am EDT - October 5th, 2010
EA is stepping up there game
- 7:42am EDT - October 5th, 2010
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!