SOCOM 4 gets free Pro content for launch
- Posted April 15th, 2011 at 23:18 EDT by Adam Dolge
- 3 Comments
Zipper Interactive is giving everyone who picks up a new copy of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs a chance to go “Pro.” Well, they aren’t going to pay you to play, but they are giving everyone some interesting additional features.
On the back of the instruction manual you’ll find a redemption code for a PlayStation Network code. This code will unlock the following:
* Community Day Classic, offering a medley of different maps that support 8-v-8 “Classic” variations on Suppression, Uplink, Last Defense and Bomb Squad, featuring faster movement and no ranged explosives.
* Last Defense Run ‘n Gun, a fast-paced deviation from Last Defense that includes faster player movement, reduced weapon damage, and limitations to sub-machine guns and shotguns only.
* SCRUM, a suppression mod that offers a “Classic” rules-inspired list of features, including no respawn, no sniper rifles, no concussion, poison gas, or frag grenades, higher damage, and faster movement.
* Sniper Ally, yet another 8-v-8 variation on “Classic” Suppression that includes higher damage values and weapon restrictions that allow players access to smoke and poison gas grenades, shotguns, and sniper rifles.
All of this content is available on launch day, April 19, and the new queues will be ranked and updated regularly throughout the lifespan of SOCOM 4. The Pro DLC also includes an exclusive pair of weapons: The M-16 (for Spec-Ops) and the AK-47 (for Insurgents) assault rifles. Both guns will be available within the first 30 days after SOCOM 4’s launch.
- 6:25pm EDT - April 15th, 2011
I haven't read the article so I can't really leave any kind of relevant comment.
- 7:05pm EDT - April 15th, 2011
Not bad .... Well mine is paid for so I'll pick it up come monday night.... right after date night with the wifie...
- 12:16am EDT - April 16th, 2011
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!