PlayStation Network down for maintenance
- Posted July 6th, 2011 at 02:00 EDT by Don Oliveira
- 6 Comments
The PlayStation Network is currently down due to maintenance from 5:00 PM PT - 6:00 PM PT. Sony hasn't warned users about this scheduled maintenance; probably because it'll only last for an hour or so.
From Sony support:
"During this time you may:
* Not be able to access the PlayStation®Store
* Have difficulty signing in to the PlayStation®Network
* Not be able to play online games
* See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation®Network
Note: When you log into the PlayStation Network, a message may appear which states, "the PlayStation Network has been suspended". This does not mean that your account has been suspended; it simply means the PlayStation Network has been taken offline. Please wait until the maintenance window has passed before attempting to connect to the PlayStation Network again. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
So even though Sony didn't give gamers a heads up that the service would go down, it seems that they have this under control.
Keep Calm and Carry On.
- 9:17pm EDT - July 5th, 2011
anyone remember when that same message appeared a while ago and we were like,"itll be back eventually" then days, weeks, months went by and nothing......hahahahhahahaha.......good times.
- 9:18pm EDT - July 5th, 2011
Oh? Because I thought we got hacked again.
Sheesh, one incident with a hack and now every article pertaining to PSN downtime is reassurance that we are safe from a "cringe-worthy" occurrence. This is something I won't get used to...
- 9:46pm EDT - July 5th, 2011
y do i feel like it\'ll be back down for a long time again? why cant ppl leave well enough alone
- 12:15am EDT - July 6th, 2011
waw, what could happen why did it all..??? http://infonews7.blogspot.com
- 1:25am EDT - July 6th, 2011
does this have to do with the ps store redesign?