Massive PlayStation Home update coming tomorrow
- Posted September 28th, 2011 at 22:30 EDT by Don Oliveira
- 3 Comments
Sony has been hard at work on a new update for PlayStation Home that will change the way you interact with the online virtual social space, with update 1.55.
Home has now been introduced to a new start-up sequence, changes to the way the Wardrobe and Furniture browsers, and general updates to allow for a better, smoother experience with Home.
See the full change list of patch 1.55 below:
- Improved the layout, design, color scheme and text of the start-up flow.
- The start-up flow will now display a variety of information depending on how recently you last visited PlayStation Home.
Wardrobe and Furniture Browser
- When you are browsing through a category of items in the wardrobe or furniture browser we now display the name of the object you have highlighted.
- There is an option in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clothing / Furniture Names” to change this behavior:
- Off: Switches the display of names off.
- Selected: Displays the name of the selected object only (default).
- All: Displays names for all objects.
- You can click [L3] to display more information about the highlighted object. This will pop up a menu showing:
- Whether it is a purchase, reward or part of the default inventory.
- Date of acquisition (if relevant).
- In addition to the name changes the overall speed of the wardrobe and furniture browser has been significantly increased.
Added an option to manually clear the cache of data that Home creates on your HDD. This can sometimes resolve problems that you might be having. You can find it in the Menu Pad under “Options > Settings > Personal > Clear Cache”.
- There is an option to view “Help” from the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available to new users.
- There is an option to “Redecorate” on the carousel on the Menu Pad. This is only available when you are in your Personal Space or a Clubhouse that you own (i.e. somewhere that you can place furniture).
Loading Screen Tips
- Different loading screen tips are now shown depending on how many times you have visited PlayStation Home.
- Continued work to improve stability.
This update to Home will be hitting tomorrow, Thursday, September 28, 2011.
Source: PS Blog
Syphon_Filter | Syphon_Filter2
- 5:52pm EDT - September 28th, 2011
It sound cool.
- 7:01pm EDT - September 28th, 2011
If they have figured out a way to speed Home up so that every other menu loadup doesn't take a whole minute, or worse, then this update will be a major improvement. The thing that keeps me away from Home is the load times.
- 8:57pm EDT - September 28th, 2011
I'd love PS Home to extend to your XMB and other games for deep integration. Replace your current static avatar with your PS Home one.That would be awesome. Would increase PS Home users too to modify their avatar etc.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!