Japan: Dark Souls steals the show
- Posted September 29th, 2011 at 13:51 EDT by Michael Harradence
Dark Souls has brutalized the competition over in Japan, topping the software charts with a meaty 279,567 units sold during its first week on sale.
Snapping at its heels is the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Limited Box, which flogged 91,902 units in its debut week, following by PSP title Yu-gi-oh 5D’s Tag Force 6.
Gears of War 3 didn’t do too shabby either considering how poorly the Xbox 360 does in Japan, entering at number four with 56,113 units sold.
Check out the full Top Ten below.
1. Dark Souls (From, PS3): 279,567 - NEW
2. ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Limited Box (SCE, PS3): 91,902 - NEW
3. Yu-gi-oh 5D's Tag Force 6 (Konami, PSP): 64,350 - NEW
4. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft, Xbox 360): 56,113 - NEW
5. Dragon Quest Collection (Square Enix, Wii): 54,775 (Life to date: 318,174)
6. Senran Kagura (MMV, 3DS): 52,206 - NEW
7. Busou Shinki Battle Masters Mk.2 (Konami, PSP): 32,318 - NEW
8. ToHeart2 DX Plus (Aqua Plus, PS3): 24,429 - NEW
9. Tales of Xillia (Namco Bandai, PS3): 22,484 (595,386)
10. Champion Jockey Gallop Racer & G1 Jockey (Tecmo Koei, PS3): 18,281 - NEW----