Dead Island PS3 patch raises level cap
- Posted November 9th, 2011 at 23:40 EDT by Don Oliveira
- 6 Comments
Techland has today announced via their official Dead Island blog that a new patch has been released for their latest zombie-bashing first-person shooter. The patch with feature more than your usual game-balancing, and introduce a higher level cap.
Along with general fixes and interface improvements, the team at Techland is bringing new blueprints for weapon mods, and quest fixes. See the full list of changes below.
- Level cap raised to 60
- New blueprints for weapon mods added
- Infected damage reduced
- Infected no longer interrupt player attacks
- A series of improvements to subsequent playthroughs implemented:
quest XP rewards adjusted
XP rewards for challenges adjusted
in subsequent playthroughs XP is awarded for all quests completed in co-op
- Purna’s ammo carrying capacity increased by 50%
- Character state from a save game can now be loaded when using the Start from Chapter option
- New balancing option added: enemy levels can now be adjusted independently for each co-op player
- Players respawn with more health
- Picklock skill level required to open a lock is now clearly indicated
- Improved rewards in weapon crates
- All weapon crates now contain rewards
- Kick ability balanced, now requires stamina
- Items can now be picked up instantly; this is reflected in adjusted animations
Fixes and interface improvements
Fix: players are no longer left without a weapon after dropping the equipped item and healing with a medkit.
Fix: equipped items no longer swap mysteriously after drinking an energy drink
Tweak: healing with medkits from inventory works better, makes smarter choices of medkits
Fix: loot from dead enemies is now always identical for all co-op players
Fix: Purna no longer finishes her Fury with fists equipped
Fix: map tracking after death
Fix: zone info in the quarantine zone (City of Moresby)
Tweak: respawn point selection is now smarter
- Improved stability and network performance in co-op
- Quest and reward fixes implemented
wesmore24 | wesmore24
- 7:28pm EST - November 9th, 2011
Imma be playing all weekend now. Good thing they fixed this, I was starting to get bored...
Don Oliveira | Other_
- 7:36pm EST - November 9th, 2011
You'll probably find people to play with in our forums, Wes.
- 7:48pm EST - November 9th, 2011
Who do you voodoo b!tch! lolll I might just take a weekend off Dark Souls for another look at Dead Island.
- 8:27pm EST - November 9th, 2011
Wish this patch was at launch, I woulda still been playing it. Great game, horrible bugs (At least when I was playing in Sept) I'd play for several hours save, come back next day and nothing saved. Did this like 4 times till I finally sold the game. I beat it and loved playing the co-op but the bugs made it unplayable for me.
Looking SOO foward to hearing more info on Dead World!!
wesmore24 | wesmore24
- 8:34pm EST - November 9th, 2011
- 6:29am EST - November 10th, 2011
@5 Yup, last week devs of Dead Island trademarked the name "Dead World" and when asked about it refused to comment about the trademarking.
Its just speculation but it sounds like a sequel to me.