Tetris and Black Ops headline the best-selling PSN content of 2011
Sony has provided two top ten lists to Game Informer, detailing which digital games—as well as which add-ons—sold the most on the PlayStation Network throughout 2011.
You might be surprised (or not so surprised) to find Black Ops back, and Tetris at the top. Continuing to reign in map pack downloads, Call of Duty: Black Ops seized three top spots for overall downloads on PSN, while Tetris, Resident Evil 4, and Infamous Festival of Blood took the top three for games only.
Top 10 PSN games sold in 2011:
- Resident Evil 4
- Infamous Festival of Blood
- Back to the Future: The Game - Full Series
- Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
- Castle Crashers
- Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
- Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Top 10 pad downloads sold on PSN:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation: Content Pack 2
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation: Content Pack 3
- MLB 11 The Show Road to the Show Training Points
- FIFA Soccer 12 Premium Gold Pack
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection: Content Pack 4
- Angry Birds (PlayStation Mini)
- FUT - Premium Gold Pack
- MLB 10 The Show Road to the Show Training Points
- FIFA Soccer 12 Premium Gold Jumbo
Among other notable titles are Battlefield 1943 and Castle Crashers which were released in 2009, and 2010 respectively.