PS Vita troubleshooting tips #1 - Blue flashing light of death
- Posted March 12th, 2012 at 05:19 EDT by Steven Williamson
According to the PS Vita manual, a blue flashing light indicates that the user has just inserted a disc or is in the process of ejecting a disc, but it can also crop up as a technical error, preventing users from turning the hand-held on or off.
The good news is that if the PlayStation Home button on your unit does continuously flash blue, and the screen goes blank so you can’t turn PS Vita on or off, there is a quick solution. In fact, the “Blue Flashing Light Of Death’ doesn't actually kill your PS Vita. Users can breathe life back into the unit by following these simple steps.
1. Hold down the power on/off button for approximately 30 seconds.
2. Wait for a menu screen to appear that shows you the following options:
- Restart the PS Vita system
- Rebuild Database
- Format Memory Card
- Restore the PS Vita system
- Update System Sofware
3. Choose Restart the PS Vita system
- The system should now restart with no problems
Is this becoming a frequent issue?
We’ve experienced the blue flashing light during a play session on Unit 13,when the PS Vita froze and then black-screened. Each time we got to a certain point in a particular mission it would ... (continued on next page) ----
- Page 1
- Page 2
PS4 Discussions (23,627 Posts)Grand Theft Auto (GTA) General D
PS4 Games (135,104 Posts)HoGS Of War (HoW) clan (new webs
PS3 Discussions (1,606,111 Posts)Dualshock 3 on pc?
PS3 Games Discussions (1,626,958 Posts)What was the last trophy you've
PS Vita Discussions (20,689 Posts)Please japanese Developers save