Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Review - 'Swordplay has never been this much fun'
- Posted February 19th, 2013 at 03:00 EDT by Steven Williamson
- PSU Review Score
- Avg. user review score:
You must be logged in to rate a game
Once again Platinum Games conjures up an action-packed masterpiece. Swordplay has never been this much fun.
- Captivating cut-scenes and cinematic sequences
- Blade Mode adds an innovative new mechanic to the hack 'n slash combat
- The frenetic pace and challenging enemy encounters can be exhilarating at times
- Generic level design
- Shifting camera angles can leave you disorientated during combat
(continued from previous page) ...a satisfying stealth kill.
Though Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance isn’t quite going to reach the heady praise of some of the past games in the series in terms of storyline, there’s plenty to love about this new direction. The action is always exciting and absorbing while the sword-play is refreshing, innovative and dynamic. The cut-scenes are brilliantly produced and the boss battles tense and engaging. Overall, we’ve played through a large part of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance beaming from ear to ear. No doubt about it: Platinum Games is a brilliant developer and yet again we have another amazing game to thank them for.