Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Review - 'Swordplay has never been this much fun'
- Posted February 19th, 2013 at 03:00 EDT by Steven Williamson
- 9 Comments
- PSU Review Score
- Avg. user review score:
You must be logged in to rate a game
Once again Platinum Games conjures up an action-packed masterpiece. Swordplay has never been this much fun.
- Captivating cut-scenes and cinematic sequences
- Blade Mode adds an innovative new mechanic to the hack 'n slash combat
- The frenetic pace and challenging enemy encounters can be exhilarating at times
- Generic level design
- Shifting camera angles can leave you disorientated during combat
(continued from previous page) ...a satisfying stealth kill.
Though Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance isn’t quite going to reach the heady praise of some of the past games in the series in terms of storyline, there’s plenty to love about this new direction. The action is always exciting and absorbing while the sword-play is refreshing, innovative and dynamic. The cut-scenes are brilliantly produced and the boss battles tense and engaging. Overall, we’ve played through a large part of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance beaming from ear to ear. No doubt about it: Platinum Games is a brilliant developer and yet again we have another amazing game to thank them for.
DeadCrow | xSoloWing--
- 9:50am EST - February 19th, 2013
As expected :) With the success of Bayonetta and now Rising, PG has not dissapoint.
SteveMcCool | CiscoKid_22_
- 10:38am EST - February 19th, 2013
I downloaded the demo yesterday. Still figuring out the sword play aspect but it was fun. I like trying to collect left hands off of the enemies.
- 11:58am EST - February 19th, 2013
I've got my copy of Rising on pre-order. Played the demo at Eurogamer and was pleasantly suprised by the blade mode mechanic. Platinum Games are truly all about the FUN in their games, Vanquish is excellent (if slightly generic on the story side) and I've heard great things about Bayonetta.
- 1:46pm EST - February 19th, 2013
- 2:30pm EST - February 19th, 2013
So it is Dynasty Warriors: Metal Gear?
- 5:54am EST - February 20th, 2013
Tried it at TGS, it was awesome, getting it today :)
- 2:58pm EST - February 21st, 2013
Way too high of a score for this game in my opinion.
- 1:32am EST - February 22nd, 2013
9.5 is way too high for sure. This game is not metal gear in my opinion. Its more of a mini game
- 9:50pm EDT - April 21st, 2013
Vibrators may the most favorite sex toys for women. Lady will enjoy unlimited climax with the different vibration. Some women take vibrators to enjoy sex anytime anywhere because of the mini size. Besides, vibrators are also a nice choice for women to enjoy bath sex because most of vibrators are waterproof.
This will permanently ban this user and delete all associated comments. This action is irreversible, are you SURE you want to do this?!