While attending a Sony Event for press last week in California, PSU.com was able to get new details and hands on with Insomniac's upcoming PlayStation 3 adventure, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
Once inside the Insomniac studio the press were divided into groups each starting in a separate room where a developer or producer would go over certain aspects of the game.
- Insomniac confirmed there would be a total of 23 weapons and 8-9 gadgets.
- Merchants in every level to purchase weapons, ammo, and gadgets.
- Every weapon has an upgrade development tree to increase aspects of the weapons. You can use the items you collect to purchase upgrades. Every weapon has a secret upgrade.
The following weapons were either demoed or playable...
- Predator Rockets: multi-lock aim missiles
- Death Springs: deadly grenade that bursts pink slinkies that destroy everything in there path...good way to clear enemy infested areas.
- Negotiator: Splash attack weapon
- Plasma Beasts: green goo that homes monsters to kill unsuspecting enemies...basically a trapping weapon.
- Alpha Disrupter: most powerful weapon that requires charging
- Geolazer: uses sixaxis to cut away ice or walls
- Combuster: average gun
- Buzz Blades: shoots multiple spinning saw blades
- Visocopter: helicopter that uses the sixaxis to move. Shoots and self destroys.
- Transmorpher: turns enemies into penguins
- Groovitron: Disco ball that disables enemies and turns them into 70's disco dancers. -Best Weapon in game!
- Mr. Zurkon: summoned robot you follows Ratchet and shoots enemies.
- James the Galatic Defender: Alternate summon to Mr. Zurkon.
- Robo-Wings: Metallalic wings that allow Ratchet to fly around the level.
Check back soon for our the next part in this Hands On series.