To get ready for the release of the Dragonborn DLC tomorrow for North America, Skyrim players may now pick up the English 1.8 title update--it is listed as 1.08 in the U.S. and 2.08 in Europe. The 1.8 title update will get you ready for the new Skyrim content--seems PS3 owners have been waiting for a long, long time for any new content--and it will also address some general memory and stability improvements.
The update is only for North America but a European version will launch soon. The update coincides with a three-week long DLC content extravaganza. You can pick up Dragonborn tomorrow, followed by Hearthfire on Feb. 19, and Dawnguard on Feb. 26.
According to the official Bethesda blog, Skyrim Update 1.8 also fixes the following bugs:
* General memory and stability improvements
* Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
* Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
* Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
* Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly