Every day, millions of players around the world enter the battle on behalf of one of the hundreds of heroes of Dota 2. It doesn’t matter if it’s the tenth or thousandth hour of the game — there is always something new in it. Regular updates allow the gameplay and heroes to develop, which means Dota 2 truly lives its own life.
One Battlefield — Many Opportunities
The game boasts an endless variety of heroes, abilities, and items, making each match unique. Any character can play many roles, and there is a suitable item for every purpose. To buy all possible Dota 2 items, follow the link. There is nothing to limit the flight of your thoughts — you choose which strategy to follow.
All Heroes are Free
Equal competitive opportunities are the main feature of the game. So, everyone has equal starting positions, in particular, an extensive list of heroes is available to each player. If you want, you can collect items that modify both the heroes and the world around them, but everything you need for your first match is already in the game.
Invite Friends and Play Together
It is never too late to start playing Dota with friends. Learn the basics in a match against bots. Try the capabilities of the heroes. Then enter the battle with players of your level: the match selection system will take care of this.
Pros and Cons of the Game
According to the players, Dota 2 has a lot of significant advantages:
- huge variety of heroes, items, and upgrades;
- all heroes are free;
- a variety of tactics and assemblies for any hero;
- gameplay versatility;
- annual championships and events;
- ability to become an eSportsman;
- the game is free.
However, the game has also some points to improve:
- There is no normal training: you most likely will have to learn the gameplay yourself, unless you have a friend who will help you. In this case, we advise you to watch YouTube guides, which are much easier and more interesting.
- Bad selection of allies.
- Many aggressive players, especially schoolchildren, although this applies to the whole Dota community.
- Long selection of games (up to 2 min).
Taking into account all the pros and cons of the game, Dota 2 is considered one of the most popular Steam games in the world. It is a must-play for each gamer. You should not expect everything to work out right for you — Dota 2 is very difficult to learn, but you will understand afterward that the developers tried to make everything as simple as possible.
What are your favorite Dota characters? What do the newcomers should know to start playing? Share your thoughts and ideas with us in comments.