Activision has fired off the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 update 1.10 patch notes, which ushers in Season One for the military shooter. This also arrives alongside the launch of Call of Duty: Warzone 2. Read up on the full Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Season 1 patch notes below.
Modern Warfare II Season 01 Overview:
- Shoot House, Shipment Set for Reimagined Return. Prepare to finish out those camo challenges or just embrace the frantic chaos these action-packed maps provide.
- New Battle Pass, Now with More Player Choice. Conquer a new Battle Pass as you choose map Sectors your way to unlock both free and premium items in whatever order you decide.
- Four Weapons, Six Total Operators. Two new weapon platforms and two Trios — one of elite soldiers and one of football’s finest — are set to bolster your arsenal and Operator roster.
- New Special Ops Mission, Raid Episode 1 In-Season. Grab your Duo and assault the enemy on land and in the air before gearing up for the continuation of the Modern Warfare II story in a daunting Raid experience.
- Seasonal Prestige System. New challenges and rewards await those who clear the Military Ranks.
- Open the CDL Moshpit. Prior to the introduction of Modern Warfare II Ranked Mode in a future Season, practice on the official maps and ruleset with your squad.
Warzone 2.0 Overview:
- New Map: Al Mazrah: Use 18 major points of interest to plot out your victory in Battle Royale or explore them en route to extraction in the brand-new DMZ experience.
- DMZ: DMZ is an open-world, narrative-focused extraction mode where Operators have free rein to complete faction-based missions, take on additional side objectives, engage with enemy Operators or AI combatants, and search for valuable items, all while fighting to survive toward exfiltration.
- Custom Loadouts are Back: Players will have quicker access to their Loadout’s primary benefit: The Primary Weapon.
- New Backpack System: Fully integrated for DMZ and streamlined for Battle Royale modes.
- New Gulag: The Gulag will be a 2v2 environment where randomly paired Duos must coordinate to take down their opposition. It will also include a Jailer, who will appear in the middle of the match to help speed up combat.
- Third-Person Playlists Coming In-Season to Warzone 2.0: For the first time in Warzone history, we welcome fans of third-person Battle Royale action during Season 01..
Four New Weapons, Two Free in Battle Pass
Eagle-eyed players may have seen (and even used) both of the season’s functional weapons within this season’s Battle Pass system while playing the Modern Warfare II Campaign. Now you can wield them across Multiplayer, Special Ops, and Warzone 2.0 modes. Introducing the Victus XMR and the BAS-P SMG at launch and the Chimera and M13B Assault Rifles during the season:
Victus XMR Sniper Rifle — Imperatorium Platform (Launch, Battle Pass)
Hard hitting, bolt action sniper rifle with .50 cal BMG ammunition. Its tungsten sabot tipped bullets are fast and powerful, but require precise shots over long distances.
How to unlock: Free weapon within the Battle Pass.
BAS-P SMG — Bruen Ops Platform (Launch, Battle Pass)
An aggressive fire rate and modular frame make the BAS-P perfect for the discerning operator who wants to customize their submachine gun. Subsonic ammo hides kill skulls from the enemy team.
How to unlock: Free weapon within the Battle Pass.
Chimera Assault Rifle — Bruen Ops Platform (Mid-Season)
With an integrated suppressor and slow, high-energy .300 BLK rounds, the Chimera is adept at close-quarters combat. Subsonic Ammo hides skulls from the enemy team.
How to unlock: Store Bundle or Weapon Unlock Challenge.
M13B Assault Rifle — Bruen Ops Platform (Launch)
The M13B features a short-stroke piston system that allows for a high rate of fire and low recoil.
How to unlock: Store Bundle or Weapon Unlock Challenge
Remember: Each new weapon can use attachments from other weapons across the Modern Warfare II arsenal. Also, they will come with new Base Camos to use across all weapons once unlocked and will count toward the road to Orion Mastery Camo.
Squad Goals: Six New Operators
A Nigerian counterterrorist group founder. A Danish Elite Special Forces soldier. And one of Task Force 141’s finest.
These three individuals represent the most elite soldiers you can have in your Operator roster during Season 01. Here’s some background intel on each:
Born in the South Niger Delta, Zosar Kalu is the eldest of three children, helping to raise his younger siblings while his parents pursued political aspirations. His nickname comes from his youngest brother, who was born with dysarthria (a speech disorder) and would pronounce his name “Zeus.”
Following his year of military service shadowing a Nigerian Army Special Forces Battalion, he enlisted and rose through the ranks of those same Special Forces. At the same time, his family became involved in a high-profile state election but tragically died to a local Al Qatala cell.
Orphaned, and now the last of his name, Zeus established the “Thunder” Corps, a counterterrorism group dedicated to hunting AQ wherever they hide and bringing them to true justice.
How to Unlock: Zeus is automatically unlocked with purchase of the Season 01 Battle Pass.
A member of Denmark’s Elite Special Forces, Klaus Fisker can almost be considered a living legend among Operators.
Some say his scotopic vision — his natural night vision — was powerful enough to help him navigate a mile in pitch-black darkness before he could read. Others witnessed his exceptional training record, leading his peers with unbridled optimism through exercises.
But legend was made one night on the Urzikstan border, where he carried a wounded comrade 18 miles to the nearest base using the lessons taught by his father . . . and an unusual amount of chocolate that wounded solder carried with him.
Price’s right-hand man, Gaz became legend in 2019 when his valiancy during an attack on Piccadilly Circus grabbed the attention of the formidable SAS Bravo Team captain. He ultimately joined Price’s elite unit, known as Task Force 141.
During the events of the Modern Warfare II Campaign, Gaz was pivotal in saving CIA Officer Kate Laswell from Al Qatala. Now he will join his squadmates Price, Ghost, and Soap, as well as ally Farah — all who make up Red Team 141 — to help SpecGru maintain peace around the world.
How to Unlock: Obtain Klaus and Gaz in Bundles to be featured during the Mid-Season Update.
There are also three football-themed Operators who will be available for a limited time…
Squad Goals: Modern Warfare FC Kicks Off In-Season
Whatever name you call it by, the international game of football is making its impact in Season 01 through the Modern Warfare FC event.
During this event, you can sign three of the world’s greatest athletes to your Operator roster by picking up special, limited-time Bundles: Neymar Jr., who will debut on November 21; Paul Pogba, set to debut on November 25; and Leo Messi, who will complete the Operator hat trick on November 29.
More details, including information on a limited-time CODBall mode and a community Support Your Team Pick’em minigame, will be shared in-season.
Persistent Prestige: Seasonal Progression Revealed
This year, leveling up past Rank 55 will allow you to earn a persistent Prestige Rank across all seasons, rather than having it reset at the end of each season.
Beginning in Season 01, reaching Rank 56 will unlock Prestige 1. This will grant an Emblem, additional rewards, and a set of challenges — complete those challenges to unlock an exclusive Calling Card.
Season 01 includes four more Prestige Ranks, which also unlock a new set of challenges and rewards:
- Prestige 2: Unlocked at Rank 100
- Prestige 3: Unlocked at Rank 150
- Prestige 4: Unlocked at Rank 200
- Prestige 5: Unlocked at Rank 250 and is the level cap until the end of Season 01.
[Source – Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Patch Notes]