Electronic Arts confirmed at E3 over the weekend that FIFA 18, the latest instalment in its popular footballing franchise, will launch in September 2017 with three different versions of the game up for grabs.
Players can choose from the Icons Edition, Ronaldo Edition, and the Standard Edition of FIFA 18 this fall, all of which vary in price and feature a number of additional in-game bonus content.
However, it’s the FIFA 18 Icons Edition that appears to have attracted some notable attention among gamers, and not the good kind either. In fact, footie fans on Reddit have dedicated an entire thread to the fact they’re slightly miffed with the ‘Icons’ moniker in comparison to Legends.
“Legends sounds much better. It’s fierce. But ‘icon’ sounds like a failed talent show,” offered one fan. Another said: “Icon sucks. Legend is bad ass. Icon reminds me of history class.”
What’s in the FIFA 18 Icons Edition?
The Icons Edition of the upcoming sports title is the most expensive version of the game available at £89.99, and will be a digital release only for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One formats. Sorry, Switch users. See below for a full list of contents.
- Play from September 26th with 3 Days Early Access
- Up to 40 FIFA Ultimate Team Jumbo Premium Gold Packs (two per week over 20 weeks – worth up to $120)
- 3 match FUT Team of the Week loan player (one three match loan player for 20 weeks)
- Cristiano Ronaldo FUT loan player for 5 matches
- Ronaldo Nazário FUT Icon loan player for 5 matches
- 8 special edition FUT kits designed by FIFA soundtrack artists
FIFA 18 pre-orders are now available on the PlayStation Store, so if you fancy splashing out on the game, point your browser here.