Until Dawn’s U.S. launch hasn’t gone perfectly according to plan for gamers, with some players reporting that they cannot launch the digitally-downloaded version of Supermassive Games’ supernatural horror, PS4 exclusive. The issue appears to stem from those who pre-ordered the game.
Well, Sony has come up with a temporary fix so by following these simple steps you should be able to download and play Until Dawn.
1. Navigate to the item on the PlayStation Store
2. Purchase the free version of Until Dawn (or if you have that already, another free game/item such as Singstar)
3. Download the file to your system (if the file is already downloaded and installed, please skip this step and move to step 4)
4. Use the Restore Licenses option by navigating to Settings >> PlayStation(tm)Network/Account Management >> Restore Licenses
5. Attempt to boot the game. If the game still does not boot at this point, delete the file, re-download and repeat step 4.
We’re unsure whether the issues will affect the European and UK launch on Friday, but if so you know what to do!
Check out the Until Dawn review.