Grab your armour and shield and get ready to parry the For Honor update 2.39 patch notes from Ubisoft, which comes with support for a new limited-time Halloween event and various fighting improvements and changes.
CROSSPLAY PHASE 2 – Groups and Friends
Crossplay Phase 2 is LIVE! Players can now group with their friends from any platform. Here is how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Find your friends on Ubisoft Connect and add them.
- Search for your friend in the in-game Friends list, send them a group invitation.
- Have your friend accept the pending invitation in the Group menu, under “Group Invites”.
For more information, please check out the Crossplay Phase 2 FAQ.
- Players can now add cross-platform friends with Ubisoft Connect.
- Cross-Platform friends can now be invited to groups.
- Updated the “Group” menu with a new “Pending Invite” section and shortcut to Ubisoft Connect.
Parry Punish Input Comfort changes
We’re improving the input comfort of several Parry Punishes to make them easier to land and require less buffering. The changes have been applied to the following heroes:
- Warlord: Shield Counter can now be performed from 300ms to 700ms after a successful Parry (was static at 300ms)
- Centurion: Parry Counter can now be performed from 300ms to 700ms after a successful Parry (was static at 300ms)
- Warmonger: Vicious Impale can now be performed from 533ms to 700ms after a successful Parry (was static at 533ms)
- Jiang Jun: Dou Shi’s Choke can now be performed from 500ms to 700ms after a successful Parry (was static at 500ms)
Dodge Attacks and I-Frames timing changes
We’ve updated dodge attacks for several heroes to ensure they have proper I-frame timings as well as correct Tracking Breaks. This should allow these dodge attacks to more consistently dodge opponent attacks and counter as appropriate. (In this context, “Tracking Break” refers to the ability for Dodge and Dodge Attacks to force opponents to lose tracking on their target).
I-Frames were added or adjusted for the following attacks:
- Medjay: Axe Throne Guard now has iframes for its first 233ms
- Nuxia: Crescent Step now has I-frames for its first 233ms (up from 200ms)
- Shaman: Wild Cat’s Swiftness now has I-frames for its first 233ms (up from 200ms)
- Shaolin: Side Shadowstep now has I-frames for its first 300ms
- Zhanhu: Violent Maneuver and Brisk Maneuver now have I-frames for their first 100ms
Tracking Breaks were added or adjusted for the following attacks:
- Nuxia: Crescent Step now has Tracking Break for its first 233ms
- Peacekeeper: Sidestep Strike now has Tracking Break for its first 233ms
- Shaman: Wild Cat’s Rage now has Tracking Break for its first 233ms (was 266ms)
- Zhanhu: Violent Maneuver and Brisk Maneuver now have Tracking Break for its first 100ms
Other Fighter Changes
- Boar Rush (Sprint Attack) now has Uninterruptible Stance starting from 400ms
Developer’s Comment: This should help Berserker use its Sprint Attack to engage enemies in a slightly safer fashion.
- Top Heavy Opener is now 800ms (down from 1000ms)
- Top Heavy Opener now deals 24 damage (down from 30 damage)
- Chained Top Heavy is now 900ms (down from 1000ms)
- Chained Top Heavy now deals 29 damage (down from 32)
- Side Heavy Finishers are now 800ms (down from 900ms)
- Side Heavy Finishers now deal 30 damage (down from 32)
- Chained Heavy Attacks now cause Medium Hit Reactions (were causing Heavy Hit Reactions)
- All Dodge Attacks now cause a Medium Hit Reactions (were causing Heavy Hit Reactions)
Developer’s Comment: Kensei’s neutral pressure wasn’t high enough, and the hero had difficulty opening up opponents, forcing the hero to wait and use Dodge Attacks to initiate their offense. With the change to the Top Heavy Opener, not only does Kensei gain a 24 damage Guardbreak punish, but also gains a strong neutral opener with the soft feint into Pommel Strike. We’ve also sped up to Chained Top Heavy to be slightly more effective, and sped up the Side Heavy Finishers so that the soft feint to these attacks work better in outnumbered situations. Finally, we’ve also adjusted damage numbers for the sped up attacks to properly reflect their new speed.
- Fuscina Ictus in Chains is now 500ms (was 600ms)
Developer’s Comment: Gladiator can use Fuscina Ictus in chains, but its speed was too slow to be reliable, forcing it to be seldom used. At 500ms, it should be a stronger pressure tool for the hero, and since it also initiates chains it can be used to extend the hero’s chains.
- Shinobi Sickle Rain Revenge Gain changes
- Sickle Rain now feeds 55 Revenge on opponents (up from 28 Revenge)
- Sickle Rain Stabs now feed 10 Revenge on opponents (up from 3 Revenge)
- Shadow Strike no longer chains on miss
Developer’s Comment: This should reduce the amount of Sickle Rain ganks that are currently successful in the game – the extra Revenge Feed should ensure that there will be less Sickle Rain loops happening in Shinobi ganks. We’ve also fixed an issue where Shadow Strike could still be performed while unlocked and purposefully miss to guarantee a Sickle Rain.
- Slightly reduced the back distance traveled when performing a Light Attack Opener while walking backwards
- Zone Attack is now 600ms (down from 700ms)
Developer’s Comment: Black Prior was able to backstep Light Attack Openers and effectively deal with many situations; with this change, this should be slightly more difficult to perform, lowering the hero’s defensiveness slightly. We’ve also improved the speed of the hero’s Zone Attack to 600ms; at that speed, it should much more effectively pressure opponents from neutral and give the hero an extra way to open up opponents.
- Zone Attack now costs to 20 Stamina (down from 60 Stamina)
- Improved attack trajectories for Zone Attack and all Side Heavy Attacks to better match the weapon visuals.
Developer’s Comment: Jormungandr’s Zone Attack cost needed adjusting; at 60 Stamina, it cost too much to be effective. In addition, we’ve also improved the attack trajectories for multiple attacks, giving Jormungandr better tools for group fights.
- Guardbreak Vulnerability on Zone Attack is now only in the first 100ms of the Attack (was in the first 500ms)
- Dou Shi’s Choke no longer applies damage reduction to the victim
- Dou Shi’s Swirl is now 600ms (up from 500ms)
- Sifu Swirl 633ms (up from 600ms)
- Top Heavy Finisher now deals 30 damage (down from 32)
- Side Heavy Finishers now deal 28 damage (down from 30)
Developer’s Comment: Jiang Jun is one of the strongest heroes currently in the game, being must-picked in tournaments and high-level play, due to multiple factors. We’re lowering the hero’s strengths slightly by slowing down some attacks as well as adjusting the damage output of the hero’s strong Finishers. We’re keeping an eye on the hero to see if further changes will be necessary down the line.
- Adjusted chain link timings to Heavy Finishers so that they cannot be interrupted by the opponent using a Light Attack after any attack.
- Light Opener now chains to Heavy Finisher at 166ms on Hit and Block (was 300ms)
- Light Opener now branches to Heavy Finisher at 200ms on Miss
- Side Light Dodge Attack now branches to Heavy Finisher at 166ms on Hit and Block (was 300ms)
- Side Light Dodge Attack now branches to Heavy Finisher at 200ms on Miss (was 300ms)
- Zone Attack now branches to Heavy Finisher at 366ms on Hit
- Zone Attack now branches to Heavy Finisher at 300ms on Block and Miss
- Heavy Finishers now Soft Feints to Guardbreak at 500ms
- Side Dodge Heavy Attacks’ Miss recoveries are now 700ms (down from 1000ms)
Developer’s Comment: We’re focusing on giving Zhanhu better offense by making his Heavy Finishers no longer able to be interrupted by a Light Attack from the hero’s opponent – with these new timings, this situation should no longe occur, forcing Zhanhu’s opponents to deal with the stronger mixup. We’re also adding the ability for the Heavy Finishers to soft feint to Guardbreak to catch roll attempts from opponents.
- Removed Soft Feint to Guardbreak from Cavalier Dance
- Guaranteed Pistol Blast’s branching to Walk the Plank is now 300ms (up from 200ms)
Developer’s Comment: Pirate is still considered by many players to be too strong, so we’re looking at lowering her effectiveness slightly. By removing the soft feint to Guardbreak option from Cavalier Dance, the hero should have less pressure when using the move. The change to the guaranteed Pistol Blast’s now pushes Pirate players into more skillful plays and encourages choice: when using the guaranteed Pistol Blast, Walk the Plank will not be as frame advantaged and should not be able to catch the majority of dodge attacks during their startup. Not using it, however, should lead to better frame advantage, which then adds this choice: more damage but worse mixup, or less damage and better mixup. We’re still keeping an eye on Pirate and will keep adjusting as necessary.
Match End Flow
- Added the ability to Skip the current screen with a button Press
- Added the ability to Skip All screens with a button Hold
Developer’s Comment: Feedback was that these screens didn’t feel faster to players after the previous update in Y6S2’s Title Update 2. Therefore, we added the ability for players to Skip the current screen, or Skip All screens, by performing an input.
Multiple content missing reports after the S22TU1 update
- Recently some players reported that some expressions (colour swatch, engraving, symbols, etc.) were missing from their game. We found a fix for that specific bug, which will be live on October 20th, to bring back the missing player expressions on that day for the players impacted. We’ll keep monitoring the situation, meanwhile, players can use our Bug Reporter if they have any more issues.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Lawbringer Side Lights to have no tracking while moving sideways (FH-4546)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jiang Jun’s Sifu’s Swirl attack animation to skip frames when being performed upon exiting the Sifu’s poise (FH-3111)
- [Bug Fix] ] Fixed an issue that caused the Centurion “Eagle’s Talons” animation to be offset when used on a low HP enemy (FH-4151)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Aramusha Out of Stamina Top Light Attack to be 900ms, now set to 800ms
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Aramusha Right Dodge Heavy Attack to have a forward movement when compared from Left Dodge Heavy Attack
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Aramusha to have spinning animation on Soft Feint in certain circumstances (FH-2808)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shinobi to be still able to punish with Shadow Strike out of lock (FH-4333)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Hitokiri axe to have a bad transition in between top guard and left guard (FH-4329)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warmonger to be pushed back by “Vicious Impale” when the killing the opponent near a well (FH-4280)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jormungandr Side Dodge Light Attack to have a bad camera transition on killing blow
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin’s “Aoarashi” (Chain Melee) Miss animation to not behave properly (FH-3741)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the player to be able to fall through the ground on Temple Garden Capture Point B (FH-4477)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin “Relentless Windstorm” execution to play the sound effect while the sword is sheathed (FH-4405)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warden “Tranquil Wayfarer” chest to be missing physic on some parts (FH-4502)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shugoki “Tachibana” chest to apply the back customization to the front (FH-4322)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Viking Reputation Outfits to be missing some content when comparing Heroes (FH-4186)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Warmonger “Confulgeo” Helm to have a gap in the neck texture (FH-4195)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nuxia’s “Chenghu” cape to clip with the armor (FH-3896)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Tiandi’s “Fanrong” arm armor to clip together (FH-3787)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect in-game notification when a friend request is sent on PC