Gran Turismo Sport closed beta is almost upon us and it’s time for those who are invited to take a spin down the tracks in Polyphony Digital’s upcoming PS4 racing game.
Here 5 things you need to know:
1. Sign-ups for the GT Sport closed beta have begun. Spaces are extremely limited, so you’ll have to be fast. Anyone with a PS4 can put their name down, and if you get an email from Sony you’re one of the lucky ones!
2. In the beta, players will get access to a range of different cars spanning across various race class categories, as well as multiple tracks and course configurations to test out.
3. Players will be able to test out the new Sportsmanship Rating and Driver Profile features, which monitor player performance on the tracks and ensures matchmaking against similarly skilled players. The better you are, the fiercer the competition.
4. The Gran Turismo Sport closed beta release date is set for March 17, and is only open to players in the U.S. However, that shouldn’t stop you signing up in Europe, because the beta phase will be opened up shortly after to other players as they stress test the servers. And end date for the beta has not been confirmed.
5. Sony launched a new Gran Turismo Sport trailer to give players a taste of what’s coming up in the closed beta. Just check out those amazing graphics.
A release date of the next Gran Turismo game, coming exclusively to PS4, has yet to be confirmed. Check out our hands-on impressions of GT Sport, and get ready to get behind the wheel of the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta soon!