Warner Bros has signed a publishing and distribution deal today with IO Interactive for the Hitman series. Formerly published by Square Enix, it means that Warner Bros will be taking over publishing of the Hitman Definitive Edition.
“We're super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN and together releasing the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to new players,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO IO Interactive. “Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we're good at, making games.”
Hitman Definitive Edition Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
The Hitman Definitive Edition is coming to PS4 and Xbox One on May 15, 2018. Though it will contain all the content from the Game of the Year Edition, including all the DLC, there'll also be some new disguises for Hitman, including Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas.
Players can also expect the following content:
- IO Interactive's 20thAnniversary Outfit Bundle- Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMANSeason One (Main Game)- Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMANGame of the Year Edition Content- Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year Edition digital release
- HITMANSummer Bonus Episode- Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN: Blood MoneyRequiem Pack- Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMANSeason One and the HITMAN Game of the Year Edition
This is great news for fans of Hitman. With Warner Bros now committed, we should see the future safe for the franchise, and can expect more games in the series in the future.