The new Need for Speed Showcase update for PlayStation 4 is available to download now, bringing with it a photo mode, parts customization, and further multiplayer options.
Snapshot Pro allows players to take photos of their cars from any angle, which can then be tweaked with various settings such as saturation, brightness and contrast.
Players will also be able to share their custom creations via the Wrap Sharing feature where the community can download wraps from other players.
A selection of cars also receive new parts, including the Ford Focus RS and Chevrolet Camaro Z28, and license plates can now be customized.
Three new trophies, and a new competitive multiplayer mode which puts players in game with those who are looking to compete, complete the line-up of new additions.
Here’s the full patch notes:
Full Patch Notes
- New Feature: Wrap Sharing
- New Feature: Snapshot Pro Mode
- A new "Splash" screen which gives players information on what is included in the new updates from the Living Game
- A new Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
- Improvements to Kickbacks and likes on snapshots
- 100+ new customization items for a variety of cars
- License plates are back. Apply around 10 different license plates to your car for more in depth customization
- We’ve made more improvements and bug fixes to multiplayer. You can now play with like-minded people, if you want to play competitive then you can now select this option when matchmaking and join a world with people who also want to play competitive.
- 3 new Trophies and achievements
- Drive through a Gas Station and repair your car on the fly.
- A variety of tweaks and improvements including AI, player feedback, Gameplay and World
- Fixed a couple of bugs for Eddie’s challenge
- Multiple stability fixes
Read the Need for Speed review.