Described as a side-scrolling, 2D action-RPG with hand-painted visuals and Metroidvania-style exploration, Moonfall Ultimate is an updated version of the 2017 original that, this time around, features two-player couch co-op and an endless arcade.
Moonfall Ultimate Trailer Showcases Unique Hand-Painted Visuals and Enemy Designs
Set within an industrial gothic universe lovingly painted by hand, Moonfall Ultimate invites players to:
Discover a story of The Empire, a once small kingdom now under threat from so-called Savages. They hunt a mysterious element known as Lunarium which resides in The Empire and you, a dauntless recruit, must protect the land at the front line.
Fighting an array of unique monsters using the game’s own brand of tactical, real-time combat along the way.
Some of the games other key features include:
- Three separate character classes – Vanguard, Elementalis, and Shadow – each of whom possess unique passive and active abilities
- A sturdy levelling system and in-game economy which gives players access to over 80 unique items
- Tactical, action-packed combat
- 13 open-ended and fully explorable levels, each of which packed with a range of quests, bosses, and lore to discover
- Over 60 tiered enemies possessing their own unique attack and defensive attributes
Moonfall Ultimate: Release Date and Availability
Developed by Fishcow Studio, the PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC versions of Moonfall Ultimate are scheduled to release on the 4th of September 2018.
The Xbox One port, meanwhile, arrives a day later on the 5th.
Source – Wales Interactive