A new PlayStation Camera for PS4 was revealed yesterday at the 2016 PlayStation Conference and here’s everything we know so far.
The new PS4 Camera looks to be a slightly improved adaption of the previous model, combining an official stand into its design and getting rid of the blocky shape. The microphones now fit with the spherical shape and make the rounded shape look a lot more pleasing. It weighs lighter and is also smaller in shape than the original PS4 camera, but boasts all the same features.
New PS4 camera vs old PS4 camera comparison
New model : Size 159mm x 28mm x 28mm (width x height x depth) – 152g
Old Model : Size 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (width x height x depth) – 183g
Features that are the same :
- Video frame rate 1280×800 pixels when 60fps
- 640×400 pixels at the time 120fps
- 320×192 pixels at the time 240fps
- Video format RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
- Lens Dual lens, F value /F2.0 fixed focus
- Shooting distance 30cm
- Shooting range 85 °
- Microphone 4-channel array-type microphone
- Connecting terminal PS4 dedicated terminal (AUX terminal)
- Cable length About 2m
PS4 camera release date
The new PS4 Camera is set to release on September 15 with a price tag of $59.
At the PlayStation Meeting yesterday, we also got to see the new PS4 Pro, the upcoming upgraded version of the original PlayStation 4. When it launches this November, you can expect to be playing games in 4K (providing you have a TV good enough!) thanks to the improved CPU and GPU.