SIE London Studio has posted a new job listing that strongly indicates the company is beavering way on a fantasy-themed online multiplayer title. We’ve known for a while the studio has been working on an online title, but that’s about it.
The job for Narrative Design Lead lists a number of interesting details, including a campaign, side quests, and games as a service with long-running story support. It all sounds very similar to the likes of Destiny, and we know that Sony is looking to bolster its output of online-based titles.
- A passion for both making and playing magic-based games where great gameplay is supported with fascinating fantasy world building.
- Creation of an initial campaign to introduce the world and characters, then ongoing campaign to develop the narrative and introduce new content.
- Objectives and Story beats for side quests and missions.
- Development of an intriguing backstory and world lore which sets up years of ongoing story.
- An excellent understanding of non-linear narrative systems and how to deliver story in an ongoing or GaaS game.
Prior job hirings at London Studio suggested the new game will include procedurally generated worlds and content.
[Source – ResetEra]