A confidential document about the upcoming upgraded PS4 Neo console (nicknamed PS4.5 or PS4K) supposedly by Sony Computer Entertainment has leaked online and upholds the info and specifications previously leaked by Giant Bomb and Eurogamer.
PS4 Neo is an upgraded model of the current PS4 and will be able to output video in 4K resoution. The presentation slideshow includes many of the same specs leaked months ago:
- CPU: Uses same Jaguar cores as the original PS4, at higher frequency
– Original: 8 cores at 1.6 GHz
– Neo: 8 cores at 2.1 GHz
- GPU: Uses improved version of AMD GCN CUs,more CUs/ at higher frequency
– Original: 18 CUs at 800 MHz
– Neo: 36 CUs at 911 MHz (2.3xFLOPs)
- Memory: Uses same 8 GB GDDR5 as the original PS4, at higher bandwidth
– Original: 176 GB/s
– Neo: 218 GB/s (1.24x)
- Hard drive: Same as original PlayStation
The PS4 Neo document also states other features may be added, such as 1080p recording.
You can view the full PDF file of the slideshow here.
It is best not to assume all of the specifications and information leaked so far are necessarily confirmed, as such elements can change during hardware development. Microsoft’s upgraded Xbox One console, Project Scorpio, was leaked & announced between when the PS4 Neo specs first leaked and now, so there could likely be changes.
A release date for the new PlayStation Neo model has yet to be confirmed.