PlayStation 4 enjoyed an enormously successful period across North America in June, with Sony’s next-generation home console once again eclipsing Xbox One in monthly sales for the six consecutive month.
While the format holder neglected to divulge exact figures, it did reveal that PS4 remains the cumulative leader for next-generation hardware. Not only that, but two of the three top-selling video games on next-gen last month were on PS4.
Sony’s machine drummed up impressive sales for Watch Dogs, EA Sports UFC, and FIFA 14 in June, with all three games outselling their Xbox One counterparts.
Looking to the bigger picture, console sales were up year-on-year by 106 percent resulting in a boost in industry revenue by 24 percent
PS4’s victory last month is particularly noteworthy, as Microsoft recently launched a cheaper version of the Xbox One that eschews the Kinect motion-sensing peripheral packaged in the original release of the console.
Check out the full software chart below.
– – – – – – –
1. Watch Dogs (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. Minecraft (Xbox 360, PS3)
4. EA Sports UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
5. FIFA 14 (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, Vita)
6. NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
8. Call Of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
9. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)