NIS America has announced visual novel adventure Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness will launch in North America on September 13 and in Europe on September 16 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC. Additionally, the Japanese publisher revealed a limited edition release for the game, priced at $69.95 and available for pre-order.
The Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness Limited Edition is available for either the PS4 or PS Vita and includes the following:
– Soundtrack CD in Jewel Case: Reenter the world of PSYCHO-PASS with this selection of songs directly from the game!
– 3 pencil boards (7" x 10"): Practice drawing your own dystopian worlds on these pencil boards decorated with special promotional artwork.
– Microfiber cloth (6" x 6"): Polish your game system or glasses to a mirror shine with this handy microfiber cloth!
– Deluxe Softcover Art book (7" x 10", 72 pages): Pore over the game’s gorgeous artwork and check out commentary from the cast in this deluxe art book.
– A Collectible Box to keep everything neat and organized.
Developed by 5pb. (Steins;Gate, Corpse Party), Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is based on the hit anime by Production I.G and set during its first six episodes on a remote island. Players will experience a new, original story created by light novel publisher Nitroplus with the source anime’s writer Gen Urobochi (Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) behind the game’s original plan and scenario supervision.
Mandatory Happiness stars a new male protagonist and female protagonist who will face a new enemy. Characters from the anime’s Unit 1 police team of the Public Safety Bureau’s Criminal Investigation Division will make appearances.
Both the Standard Edition and Limited Edition of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness are available for pre-order now.