Capcom has announced via the PlayStation Blog EU that the first batch of Resident Evil 7: biohazard DLC will be released for PlayStation 4 owners on January 31, 2017.
The ‘Banned Footage Vol. 1’ pack will set you back $9.99 and includes three additional pieces of content, including a brand new, wave-based game mode. See below for full details on the first DLC drop.
- Bedroom: Figure out how to escape from a locked room — but don’t let Marguerite Baker know you’ve been out of bed.
- Nightmare: Fend off waves of enemies and survive until morning while crafting useful items and traps to stay alive.
- Extra Mode: Ethan Must Die: A tough-as-nails mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PS VR).
Next up, Banned Footage Vol.2 hits the PlayStation Store on February 14, 2017 for $14.99 and features another trio of extra goodies, one of which allows you to get a look at the Baker family prior to the events of the game.
- 21: Gamble life and limb in a deadly game run by Lucas Baker.
- Daughters: See what the Baker family was like before the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard.
- Extra Mode: Jack’s 55th Birthday: Race against the clock and feed Jack tons of food in this comical extra game mode separate from the tapes and story of the main game. (Does not support PS VR)
Resident Evil 7 is available now for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One. Don’t forget that you can play the game from start to finish with PlayStation VR, and there’s a few batch of DLC on the way this spring in the shape of the ‘Not a Hero’ mission, which will reportedly feature a new character. Watch the Resident Evil 7 launch trailer if you haven’t already done so.
Those of you who have picked up the game today may want to check out our Happy Birthday puzzle guide to give you a helping hand. If on the other hand you haven’t decided on whether or not to buy Resident Evil 7, then perhaps our review will help make up our mind.