CD Projekt RED is currently beavering away on a Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer project, and we may have just got some of the first details leaked, thanks to dataminers poking around in the game’s executable file. Nothing official has been confirmed yet, so keep that in mind.
As reported by DSOGaming, the executable file for Cyberpunk 2077 features two distinct MP game modes. One is named Heists and the other is simply called Deathmatch. Heists appear to offer an experience closer to the single-player quest, with ‘dedicated functions’ and editor helper descriptions including:
- Set Heist State
- Set spawn point tag that will be used to spawn new players during the mission
- Spawn tag: %s
Meanwhile, here’s some functions for the Cyberpunk 2077 Deathmatch multiplayer:
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Deathmatch Functions
- ++ %s joined the match
- >> %s killed %s
- You sent yourself directly to hell! Please don’t come back
- Wow! You killed yourself… Bravo.
- Your bullet was stronger than your self-esteem
- Your shot destroyed your own body and soul. Duh
- You sent %s directly to hell!
- Wow! You killed %s without compassion
- Your bullet was stronger than %s’s head
- Your shot destroyed %s’s body and soul
- %s sent you directly to hell!
- Wow! %s killed you without compassion
- %s’s bullet was stronger than your head
- %s’s shot destroyed your bo
Cyberpunk 2077 was released on PS4, PC and Xbox One on December 10, 2020. You can read our review of the game here.
[Source – DSOGaming]