For almost a decade Neversoft and Activision have monopolized the skateboarding genre with their Tony Hawk series. However this holiday season things may change as EA Blackbox steps up to the plate and releases their new IP, SKATE. Before we move on to the visual comparison of the games, here is a brief overview of what each title provides.
– Record, edit, save, and share your skate clips with SKATE’s film editor.
– “Flickit” controls…use the thumb sticks to flip and turn your board.
– EA Blackbox has licensed 19 pro skateboarders.
– Total of 45 songs on the soundtrack.
– Read PSU’s Hands On Preview with SKATE.
Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground
– Nail the Trick, Nail the Grab, and Nail the manual.
– Full Featured Video Editor and ability to share with friends.
– Create-a-Park feature has been confirmed to return with over 400 objects.
– So far… 15 skaters have been confirmed.
– 5 songs confirmed for soundtrack.
Now onto the best part. The visual comparison. Let us know what you think by posting your comments in our forums or in the comment box below.